• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodyhamburger

Bloodyhamburger

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:23 PM

I know I have a lotta problems with a few admins on our servers...but I'd like to become one simply because I'm on office server about 90% of my life and hackers get on quite often when im on and there's nothing I can do to get rid of them. Heck, I wouldn't even need admin...just to be able to kick people would be enough. I don't wanna slay people or anything, just kick the hackers who come on our servers since I'm on this so much. Anyway, I would just like someone to show me where to apply or what the requirements are and such.

#2 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

you're around pretty often, but I don't see you on Vent (nor are you very active on the forums) those are generally requirements. (vent at least)

as a regular you probably have a shot, although I have to say I'll be pissed if I can't slay you for camping a corner and getting your team killed :evil:

I nearly cried when Assassin got admin (briefly) , not being able to mess with him was terrible :20:

#3 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

ya stop being such a hardcore camper...and get on vent...

that would be my opinion.

#4 Bloodyhamburger

Bloodyhamburger

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:17 PM

I finally got my mic working (bad sound port) so I've been on vent much more frequently...and I do try not to camp as much as possible, except when I knife cuz ambush knifing is fun <.<

I'll work on it though, I know as an admin you're supposed to be a bit more serious, kind of an example for the others, so I wouldn't hide in a corner and let me ally die so I could knife someone like I have in the past. Again, I'll work on it.

#5 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:45 PM

I dont understand, on march 4th you made a post b*tching about the admins, now you want to be one... Is it just so they cant slay you and such?

#6 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:36 AM

you went on an epic rant about how i was a douche bag and a stupid lil' kid ect. ect. when i asked you not to camp before....i slayed you for excessive camping and bad mouthing once or twice and you went and put your panties in a bunch and talked loads of shit to and about me ...ask inertia and fade was there too i believe..but inertia and i were pondering the ban hammer for you on more than one occassion for your mouth being run at full tilt for simply being asked not to camp so much,as well as for calling me and another admin pussies and up tight fags and a few other choice comments that you made.....

maybe you have had a change of heart or not i really don't know but if you want to be admin then you really need to show a little more respect to admins and other players in general and get on vent and be a little more active on the forums.

not trying to be a prick here ^^^ rather just giving my two cents...

#7 Bloodyhamburger

Bloodyhamburger

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:10 PM

I do not really want admin that much, I just think where we have so many hackers join the servers and many times there aren't admins on to get rid of them - an example was yesterday, when a hacker joined (Assassin said it was him, I dunno if he was lying or not...) and no admins were on...he stayed on the server for a good half an hour. And I'm usually on whenever this type of thing happens.

And I do still have problems with some admins on here. I probably do go too far with it sometimes or whine, but I simply hate it when admins make people follow their own set of rules (2 minutes left in a round and they're telling people to hurry up just because they're not still alive) and it pisses me off how noone says what they think because they're afraid of punishment. I may go too far but I still think that I have done nothing wrong especially since everyone else seems to agree with me when I speak up but are too scared to say anything to the admins because they're scared of what will happen to them for it.

I know I do wrong sh*t sometimes too, and I shouldn't really give sh*t over that - for that I'm sorry, I was most likely frustrated because of the game or something along those lines. For that I appologize. But many of the times that I break the rules is when it's a whole group of us fooling around. When this happens, I'll jokingly make sh*t over it, like "Aw you d^#$!" or something like that. The other times I am sincerely sorry for, I'm aware that admins get enough sh*t without me adding me to the pile.

However, I do keep my rants for the most part between me and the admins, except when they mute me or whatever and then I'll take it somewhere else because it's no longer possible to keep it just between the admin and I.

I don't think I need admin. I honestly wouldn't like the punishment immunity because I do not realize when I'm out of line until later on. If we could even add a votekick to the servers or give someone the ability to initiate a votekick, that would be enough to make me happy.

#8 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:52 PM

I do not really want admin that much, I just think where we have so many hackers join the servers and many times there aren't admins on to get rid of them - an example was yesterday, when a hacker joined (Assassin said it was him, I dunno if he was lying or not...) and no admins were on...he stayed on the server for a good half an hour. And I'm usually on whenever this type of thing happens.

If you want to help put a stop to hackers on the servers without personal admin powers, you can always help instead of just feeling helpless. First off, get on vent or the steam community and anyone who isnt too terribly occupied in their own game atm or RL who has admin capabilities will 'come to the rescue'. Also, record a demo so you have evidence of his hacks and type 'status' in console to get his steam id. If there truly is no one in vent, then you can post on the forums for assistance (post in Game Servers>Cheaters); give which server the hacker is in, post his steam id, and post the demo. If no admin is on the forums atm, then you can at least be comforted by the notion that the hacker will most likely be banned in the near future...

And you seemed to be turned off to becoming an admin from the other posts...why? All that you need to do is (a)get on vent pretty much whenever you log onto a BoSS server and (b)follow the rules of the server that your on...each of which shouldn't be all that hard. And you can definatley have a good time and joke around...just note that you are limited by the rules, and you shouldnt constantly push those limits...

Edited by EVIL Shenanigans, 25 March 2008 - 02:58 PM.

#9 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:55 PM

actually i really almost never see hackers on boss. I remember once a hacker came 1 round killed about 8 people in 10 seconds and was banned, i don't know the admin that did it, but i know he had lightning fast reflex's. It was awesome.

#10 Bloodyhamburger

Bloodyhamburger

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

If you want to help put a stop to hackers on the servers without personal admin powers, you can always help instead of just feeling helpless. First off, get on vent or the steam community and anyone who isnt too terribly occupied in their own game atm or RL who has admin capabilities will 'come to the rescue'. Also, record a demo so you have evidence of his hacks and type 'status' in console to get his steam id. If there truly is no one in vent, then you can post on the forums for assistance (post in Game Servers>Cheaters); give which server the hacker is in, post his steam id, and post the demo. If no admin is on the forums atm, then you can at least be comforted by the notion that the hacker will most likely be banned in the near future...

And you seemed to be turned off to becoming an admin from the other posts...why? All that you need to do is (a)get on vent pretty much whenever you log onto a BoSS server and (b)follow the rules of the server that your on...each of which shouldn't be all that hard. And you can definatley have a good time and joke around...just note that you are limited by the rules, and you shouldnt constantly push those limits...

I just know that many of the "Higher ups" do not like me, and with good reason....I did check on vent, and I do have a topic up on the cheaters server - I did everything you recommended because I know that's all I can do without having the power to deal with them personally, there was simply just no admins (at least that I recognized) on. :X

The admins are good about handling the hackers when they're on, but some of them have other things to do and that's why I'm asking for the ability to at least kick people...because I don't. >.<

#11 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:57 PM

You have to be cool lol

#12 Bloodyhamburger

Bloodyhamburger

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:50 PM

...damnit. -Walks out with tail between legs-

#13 jalapeno1

jalapeno1

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

You don't have to be cool, although if you have an accent it helps.

#14 Bloodyhamburger

Bloodyhamburger

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

Everyone says I do a very good imitation of Wilford Brimley (The guy from the liberty medicare diabetes commercials)
That counts as an accent. XD

#15 �Forgotten�

�Forgotten�

Lurker

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

lol fail

#16 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:10 PM

lol fail

Dunno why you bumped the topic...

and for bloody, if you want admin, PM me.

#17 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:57 PM

actually i really almost never see hackers on boss. I remember once a hacker came 1 round killed about 8 people in 10 seconds and was banned, i don't know the admin that did it, but i know he had lightning fast reflex's. It was awesome.

I can concur with BloodyHamburger, quite often logging on and playing (easily once a week at least) a hacker enters and isn't banned because no admin is around. I usually take a demo, get the ID, and post it here. I'd get on vent but I lack a mic :\ I broke mine a bit ago and I've been forgetful to get a new one when I go out.. lol...

#18 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:24 PM

Ok, since people don't learn, this topic is closed...

Fucking people....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users