Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:48 PM

Best marvel movie yet......

IT rocked...

Not gonna ruin it for ya... so go watch it.

And for gods sake wait until the credits are done!!!

#2 pusadolfo

pusadolfo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:22 PM

agreed saw it last night it's f*ckin' amazin'. and f*ck i knew i had to stay till the end.

#3 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

Now the time is here
For iron man to spread fear
Vengeance from the grave
Kills the people he once saved

No?

#4 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

Just got back from the theaters, it was very good I recommend everyone sees it when they get the chance.

#5 Kill_JOy

Kill_JOy

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:17 AM

Well made.
Great jokes and use of subtle inuendo.
Very nicely integrated cgi and live action effects.
Well written.
Well cast and acted.

10/10

#6 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:47 PM

a 10/10? rofl, your standards are low.

it was OK at best, honestly, The American Propaganda bullshit in this movie makes me give it a 6/10 at best.

#7 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:43 AM

Someone PM me what happens at the end, I didn't know to stay and my gf was hustling me out (she took me for our 6 month anniversary last night so I figured she had the right of way)

At any rate, I thought it was pretty good. My favorite superhero movie so far.

#8 Kill_JOy

Kill_JOy

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:57 AM

a 10/10? rofl, your standards are low.

it was OK at best, honestly, The American Propaganda bullsh*t in this movie makes me give it a 6/10 at best.

Well, the 'Burger King' (clearly displayed with logo front) on the cheesburgers might have been a bit cheesy but, I don't think there was too much of a push toward American anything. The movie was made here (in America) and stars (mostly) American actors. If it were made somewhere else, it might have a slightly different lean.

As for it being only a six.... sounds like you have a bias against Americans in general that is clouding your judgement. Compared to other movies of the genre, this one clearly stands head and shoulders above the rest.

The Batman movies have been horrible disasters (perhaps not the last one).

Spiderman has been made into an 'uber sensative' pansy by Hollywood.

Superman Returns had so many problems with it we would need a whole new thread to get started on them.

The Fantastic 4 was almost there but lacked a decent story as well as the characters seeming to be mere shells of their comic book counterparts, without any real depth to them. It was done way too "tongue in cheek".

#9 �Forgotten�

�Forgotten�

Lurker

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:01 AM

I guess I will have to go watch this movie then.

#10 poocrayon

poocrayon

headpopper

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:43 AM

i really want to go see this over the weekend. i used to read the comics when i was younger.

i'd love to know how they got Robert Downy Jr. out of his vicodin-induced coma to make this movie.

#11 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:12 PM

wow, just saw the trailer... looks like Shadow's right. But I may have to check out this atrocity for myself.

And those bastards DID use the Black Sabbath song!

#12 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:47 PM

I have to agree with Kill Joy, that for the genre, this movie wasn't bad. I believe the sequel has better potential, as they spent half of this movie building Iron Man. There was also less action than I had anticipated, but they managed to make some scenes decently humorous.

Also, people, this is a movie about a weapon manufacturer turn vigilante to rid the world of "bad guys". The comics were originally written and sold in the US. The movie was filmed in the US. It's not propaganda. It's simply a supporting scenario for the story based on where it was created. If it were written and filmed in Slovakia with Slavic actors, then would you biased c*nts still be singing the same tune with "Slavic propaganda"? Probably not. Whenever things like the US in general, religion, or politics are mentioned, there's always someone that just must cry propaganda or point out small, useless details to start an arguement.

#13 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:13 PM

I have to agree with Kill Joy, that for the genre, this movie wasn't bad. I believe the sequel has better potential, as they spent half of this movie building Iron Man. There was also less action than I had anticipated, but they managed to make some scenes decently humorous.

Also, people, this is a movie about a weapon manufacturer turn vigilante to rid the world of "bad guys". The comics were originally written and sold in the US. The movie was filmed in the US. It's not propaganda. It's simply a supporting scenario for the story based on where it was created. If it were written and filmed in Slovakia with Slavic actors, then would you biased c*nts still be singing the same tune with "Slavic propaganda"? Probably not. Whenever things like the US in general, religion, or politics are mentioned, there's always someone that just must cry propaganda or point out small, useless details to start an arguement.

I agree with this. Movie was really good first of all. Secondly, there wasn't any "American propaganda" as people like to put it. In fact the movie shows how corrupt and fragile our government can be (although not in a realistic way, but you get the point).

#14 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:28 PM

If it were written and filmed in Slovakia with Slavic actors, then would you biased c*nts still be singing the same tune with "Slavic propaganda"? Probably not. Whenever things like the US in general, religion, or politics are mentioned, there's always someone that just must cry propaganda or point out small, useless details to start an arguement.

From what I saw of the trailer it glorifies the US military and tries to justify the "war of terror" as Borat would say. But I'm not making any solid claims until I've seen the actual movie.

And for the record I'm quick to point out propaganda, whatever it's origins may be. It's just that I don't get to see many Slovaki films. But make no mistake; there are only two types of propaganda that are worse than US capitalist propaganda. Those are Nazi propaganda and communist propaganda.
However, there are those who would call movies like 300 US propaganda (which are the people I think you are referring to), to which I have no comment.

#15 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

Eh, I can understand where you're coming from, as the trailer includes this line:

Some people say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire once. That's how dad did it. That's how America does it.

(Not sure if that's exact, because it's just from memory, but you get the point.)

Even though I, personally, took that has him being a successful business man. In that scene, he's trying to sell missiles to the US. In his sale pitch, he is going to glorify the military, because people eat that sh*t up. Not to mention, in another scene he came close to poking fun at the air force. Lawl training exercises. That aside, even though this isn't a ground breaking movie of epic proportions, it's definitely worth watching.

#16 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

I meant the whole Terrorist bit, which plagued 3/4th of the movie and held no relevance to the original comics, in no means did I say the movie was bad, but it was hardly *good* enough for the ratings people give it.

#17 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:01 PM

After watching it and thinking about it i would probably give it at least an 8/10. I agree it wasnt mind blowing ass kickery but it did kick some ass... I enjoyed it and reccomend you all go see it. As far as the marvel comics movies goes... well it smoked most other movies out there. I am also looking forward to the new batman movie. Looks like it has potential. I do believe that more cinical and evil movies such as "The Empire Stikes Back" always is better.. at least for me. :tup:

#18 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:15 PM

Some assh*oles ruined it for me, but i am still going to see it this weekend.

#19 poocrayon

poocrayon

headpopper

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:59 AM

finally saw it...f*cking sweet. Lots of bullsh*t about America and terrorists tho....but the action scenes countered the gay script.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users