• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:26 PM

hey, has anyone seen this movie, is it any good? i may be going to see it soon, and everyone ive talked to says its a dam good movie and surely worth it. I REALLY like the fact that they kept old harrison ford, i love it when they keep the original actors and dont get some hot shot new guy that thinks hes all that and thinks that he alone makes the movie good, but in reality he is the one that makes it suck.

What are your thoughts on the movie
?

#2 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

I hated it, him, and his
Spoiler
excessive hair combing.

#3 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

I hated it, him, and his

Spoiler
excessive hair combing.

really? wow, that goes against everything ive heard.

#4 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

i saw it

it was a good movie..7/10

But the ending took forever..lol

#5 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:38 AM

I recently re-watched the three old ones in anticipation of this one. I haven't seen it yet though.

#6 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:54 AM

really? wow, that goes against everything ive heard.

I'm very hard to please when it comes down to movies... It was alright I guess.

#7 the AntiHippie

the AntiHippie

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:23 AM

I recently re-watched the three old ones in anticipation of this one. I haven't seen it yet though.

When you go into the Crystal Skull, forget everything from the first movies. The Crystal Skull was entertaining, I mean it is Harrison Ford kicking the sh*t out of people. And the fact that he is so old just adds to his badassery. Do not expect it to live up to the older ones, and given the recent revivals that George Lucas was responsible for this should be no surprise. I think the movie is worth seeing, but I don't understand all of the rave reviews. I did enjoy myself, but I did not feel in any way that it was a great movie. Good, yes. Worth seeing, yes. Will I buy it on DVD? Yes. But don't get your hopes too high going into it or you are bound to be disappointed.

And Shia LaBeouf is a f*cktard. God damn, no good, greasy son of a b*tch.

In conclusion, see the movie but only after you come to terms with the fact that it will be nothing like the originals.

#8 Bloodyhamburger

Bloodyhamburger

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

Spoiler

#9 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:06 PM

Spoiler

Why is that blacked out? lol

#10 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:52 PM

I saw it and it's alright, a good 7/10 I'd say. It doesn't come close to the originals though.

Edited by Capt.John, 27 May 2008 - 04:52 PM.

#11 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:02 PM

it's okay ,,,,,maybe 6/10,,,,,,first ones were way better..

#12 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

i decided to see it last night.
Do not continue to read if you intend on watching this movie i will spoil it.....Been warned.
I think that the aliens are stupid, why would they bring aliens into it, hes an archaeologists not a space explorer.
What was the point of the ending, he accomplished nothing but to make a huge pile of rubble that gets filled with water.
If the crystal skull is so powerful why did it just destroy everything and turn into a spaceship and leave. There were many unneeded scenes, like the groundhogs, what was with that, and right at the beginning of the movie, i thought i went into the wrong cinema and was watching some Disney sh*t. The women was not really needed, at least in the old movie she contributed, really all she was in this movie was a big burden, she did nothing but hold them back. The only scene she was needed was the wedding in the end, and if she wasent in it they could have found something to end the movie with (like actually achieving some significant archaeological find)The son was needed, because he actually did stuff, fight, ride bikes, ect. Im not saying that computer animations are bad, but come on, you would think that they would try to cut out some of the animated sh*t to make it more realistic(not that they were ever realistic). I say computer animations only when needed, not just because you can. They did like a reverse of what i expected, i expected it to be like they were on a hunt for the crystal skull, not they were given it 2 minutes into the movie, then to find out where it belongs, just so it can blow up into a large oblivion of nothing.
If you totally blank your mind of the name "indiana jones" and totally forget that this is the fourth installment of the amazing series then this is a really great movie. However it has nothing to do with the original 3. It has tons of action, awesome actor (ford) but a pretty bad story line. It did amuse me.
another thing, why did indiana jones keep that guy that betrayed him at the beginning of the movie. Ok he punched him a couple times, but i would have killed that guy first chance i get. His accent annoyed me also. The ant scene was a little much for me...

All in all, it was ok, its like the 2007 charger if you forget about the name and origins its a really nice car.

#13 Armageddon

Armageddon

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:26 PM

I havent seen it yet but I heard from some of my friends that it was kinda crappy and cheesy. Im probably gonna wait til it comes out on dvd to watch it.

#14 r3dneck

r3dneck

Lurker

• Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

My brother said it was pretty good, but a lot of my friends said it was a little too long.

I'll just check it out when I can.

#15 adrian

adrian

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

It was good. Predictable, but still fun to watch. 7/10

#16 poocrayon

poocrayon

headpopper

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:21 PM

me and my g/fs whole family just came back from it, the movie sucked bawls. too science fictiony. yeah the action scenes were good, the script was retarded.

#17 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:58 PM

me and my g/fs whole family just came back from it, the movie sucked bawls. too science fictiony. yeah the action scenes were good, the script was retarded.

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users