8 replies to this topic

#1 poocrayon

poocrayon

headpopper

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

i just picked up this CD, and i gotta say its f*cking incredible. This band is able to make so many dynamic and catchy songs. Their stuff doesn't all sound the same, they have such a wide range of beats/melodies that they never fail to keep it fresh and interesting. If you get a chance, get this CD.

#2 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

rip it rar it send it imo. kthx

#3 pusadolfo

pusadolfo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

imo i think it sounds pretty much the same as good apollo ..... bla bla whatever was it's name, but it still good though

#4 TheHobo

TheHobo

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:47 PM

imo i think it sounds pretty much the same as good apollo ..... bla bla whatever was it's name, but it still good though

good apollo im burning star volume 4 i think, which in my opinion is their worst alblum. However their new CD is decent but, In keeping Secrets, and 2nd stg turbine Blade are still way better CD's. However Gravediggers and Gunslingers & Mother Superior and really good songs. Also if u like CaC, then check out Shabuti. (Claudio's old band)

#5 Kill_JOy

Kill_JOy

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:04 PM

Their sound (like any good band) has evolved over time. Claudio's voice is deeper and more resonant on the new album.

They also are showing more of their rock influences seeping through. You can hear some zepplin and some van halen in their and that's a real departure from previous albums.

I think it's a work of art.

ps... "Hound" for best song on album..?

#6 Armageddon

Armageddon

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

I just recently got obsessed with Welcome Home. One of the best songs I've ever heard.

#7 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:47 PM

I don't understand how people can listen to bands like The Mars Volta and C&C when there is just so much better prog-rock out there

#8 Kill_JOy

Kill_JOy

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:59 PM

I don't understand how people can listen to bands like The Mars Volta and C&C when there is just so much better prog-rock out there

Well, everyone has their particular taste and you're entitled to your opinion. But I believe that Coheed is the Zepplin of our time. From chord progressions to arrangement to lyrics they continue to impress.

It's a rare thing (these days) for a band to have not only a stand-out lead vocalist but an excellent guitarist, bassist, and drummer to back him up. They harken back to the bands of the late 70's without losing their own vision and integrity and that's a breath of fresh air in a world full of sound-alike bands.

But, I agree that there are alot of good progressive bands out there. I guess that's why the genre got it's name.

#9 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:51 AM

It's a rare thing (these days) for a band to have not only a stand-out lead vocalist but an excellent guitarist, bassist, and drummer to back him up. They harken back to the bands of the late 70's without losing their own vision and integrity and that's a breath of fresh air in a world full of sound-alike bands.

It seems almost as though most bands just want to make a few hit songs, and then retire. The only bands that I can recall of our era (with a good vocalist, drummer, guitarist) is Blink 182, Sublime, and... Someone help me out.

Edited by MainEvent, 01 July 2008 - 03:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users