It depends on the mood.

#22 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:10 PM

and the teams, have to say i despise watching anything but premiership, la liga and serie a

#23 Snookers

Snookers

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:57 PM

Yeah like Baseball , and Hockey doesnt require good deal of skills.....?

ehh w/e

yea hes got a point
bet most of you cant hit a +90 mph fastball
you have a less than a second to react to the pitch

#24 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:56 AM

Although with a pitcher all he has to learn is how to throw a ball in different ways, really fast, and how to bat. In football things change, so a defender won't just be slide tackling all the time.

[I am proud of you BoSS, this thread has gotten to the 2nd page.]

Edited by MainEvent, 30 May 2008 - 06:57 AM.

#25 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:35 AM

American football is gay for two reasons

• It doesn't require skill, your either fast as hell, or a fatass.
  • Everybody wears massive amounts of padding because their a bunch of faggots.

wow

american football would be as boring as sh*t if they didnt wear pads. it wouldnt be as physical....and then it would be Soccer....

#26 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

nah, then it would be rugby.

#27 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

wow

american football would be as boring as sh*t if they didnt wear pads. it wouldnt be as physical....and then it would be Soccer....

American "Football" (more like handball or grabball) could never be like soccer because of the military type rules in the game. As soon as someone does something clever to get past the opposing team's "wall of ass" the ref blows off the game and the ball goes to the other team. And a team is "not allowed" to turn the game around, an offensive will always lead to a score, unless the team is extremely clumsy and lose the ball twice or w/e it is. It's too predictable; whereas in soccer anything can happen at any time, everyone on the team has to keep their shit together or else the other team are going to take advantage of the weakest link so to speak. There are alot of "solo stars" in soccer too though, it's open to individual talent while still relying heavily on teamwork.
Alot of proponents of American Football say that soccer is boring because there aren't many goals. And sure, sometimes matches will end with no goals on either side, but those matches are usually the most riveting and exciting. The only thing I don't like is when it comes down to penalty kicks to decide who wins the game. That's pretty much the only time Shadow's argument doesn't hold true.

#28 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:29 PM

American "Football" (more like handball or grabball) could never be like soccer because of the military type rules in the game. As soon as someone does something clever to get past the opposing team's "wall of ass" the ref blows off the game and the ball goes to the other team. And a team is "not allowed" to turn the game around, an offensive will always lead to a score, unless the team is extremely clumsy and lose the ball twice or w/e it is. It's too predictable; whereas in soccer anything can happen at any time, everyone on the team has to keep their sh*t together or else the other team are going to take advantage of the weakest link so to speak. There are alot of "solo stars" in soccer too though, it's open to individual talent while still relying heavily on teamwork.
Alot of proponents of American Football say that soccer is boring because there aren't many goals. And sure, sometimes matches will end with no goals on either side, but those matches are usually the most riveting and exciting. The only thing I don't like is when it comes down to penalty kicks to decide who wins the game. That's pretty much the only time Shadow's argument doesn't hold true.

Unless it's an Aston Villa game.

Pizzack:

Don't tell me that football (soccer) isn't physical. :perk:

Today's Friendly:
Czech Republic vs. Scotland

Edited by MainEvent, 30 May 2008 - 01:31 PM.

#29 Snookers

Snookers

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

American "Football" (more like handball or grabball) could never be like soccer because of the military type rules in the game. As soon as someone does something clever to get past the opposing team's "wall of ass" the ref blows off the game and the ball goes to the other team. And a team is "not allowed" to turn the game around, an offensive will always lead to a score, unless the team is extremely clumsy and lose the ball twice or w/e it is. It's too predictable; whereas in soccer anything can happen at any time, everyone on the team has to keep their sh*t together or else the other team are going to take advantage of the weakest link so to speak. There are alot of "solo stars" in soccer too though, it's open to individual talent while still relying heavily on teamwork.

woah u make it seem like footballs a joke, like theres no teamwork involved
for example, one of your corner backs is sh*t and the opposing teams QB is gonna pick u apart
and if one guy on ur o line aint doin so good u cant run the ball effectivly on that side + ur QB will be eatin dirt

p.s: who likes a game that ends with a score of 0-0 lol

#30 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

for example, one of your corner backs is sh*t and the opposing teams QB is gonna pick u apart
and if one guy on ur o line aint doin so good u cant run the ball effectivly on that side + ur QB will be eatin dirt

That last sentence says it all really. Americans watch their sports for entertainment, Europeans, South Americans, etc. watch football for passion.

By the way, I do believe that football involves physical skill, but no finesse in involved.

#31 Snookers

Snookers

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

lacrosse is where its at son

#32 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:58 AM

Try telling eduardo football isnt physical :P

Posted Image

i have only been to america a couple of times but i managed to see a basketball game, one of the nba teams....really no clue who, but that sh*t is so fun, its entertaining for people like me who really dont give a sh*t who wins while still being competitive and exciting for the true fans.

#33 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

I can appreciate the fan base soccer has, and how into it ppl are in Europe and S.America. Just doesnt interest me.
My only real professional sports experience have been Yankee games, one of which recently was against the redsox this year. People are f*cking nuts! i love it. I love when stadiums and arenas get loud.
I WISH i could get tickets to a NY Giants game, but they are so f*cking expensive. People watching American football are sometimes insane...and again..I love the enviroment.

edit- I wasnt really bashing Soccer earlier...I was just teasing like everyone else seemed to be doing.

oh i didnt read this!

That last sentence says it all really. Americans watch their sports for entertainment, Europeans, South Americans, etc. watch football for passion.

By the way, I do believe that football involves physical skill, but no finesse in involved.

Yer not American so you have no clue. You've clearly never heard of a NY/Boston rivalry...where people will beat your f*cking ass just for being from a city. It becomes so bad that people HATE your team more than they like their own team. Its crazy, i think its stupid sometimes, but if thats not passion...well idk.

STFU

Edited by J.Pizzack, 31 May 2008 - 10:57 AM.

#34 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:30 AM

Go Red sox!..lol

Yeah i heard alot of stories where Red sox fans get there ass kick, same goes with Yankee fans..

But Soccer is more insane, people kill each other for that sh*t..lol Crazy soccer fans

#35 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:41 PM

Well I don't think I worded it correctly, there's some teamwork to be found in American football, sure. It's just that it all hinges on two key roles (I know I'm oversimplifying a bit); the quarterback and the skinny guy who can run and throw the ball... whatever you'd call him (at this point you realize I'm not versed with american football terminology). The rest of the team seem more like filler, the pawns, to draw the chess analogy. In soccer though, every person on the field has a vastly different role, and on top of that has to be able to temporarily switch roles with the guy next to him when the circumstances warrant it. This leads to a much more dynam�c and teamwork dependent game.

#36 poocrayon

poocrayon

headpopper

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

f*ck you all, CUP STACKING FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!

#37 Armageddon

Armageddon

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

I dont really like watching futbol expect for when the world cup is on. I love to play though.

anyways...

USA! USA! USA!

#38 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

Yer not American so you have no clue. You've clearly never heard of a NY/Boston rivalry...where people will beat your f*cking ass just for being from a city. It becomes so bad that people HATE your team more than they like their own team. Its crazy, i think its stupid sometimes, but if thats not passion...well idk.

STFU

How the f*ck are you gonna say that? Before you start spurting sh*t out of your mouth, you should know that I am quite well informed about the American society and it's pastimes. I lived in VA for about 6 years (11-17) so I pretty much grew up in the damn country, f*cking !@#$%^&. Talk about jumping the gun. By the way, I do know about the Red Sox's and Yankee rivalry, but I really don't give a sh*t. Besides, that rivalry is dwarfed by Newcastle/Sunderland, Arsenal/Tottenham, Man. United/Man. City.

#39 Snookers

Snookers

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

f*ck you all, CUP STACKING FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!

haha that made me lol
so funny at the end when he says yes!

#40 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:28 AM

How the f*ck are you gonna say that? Before you start spurting sh*t out of your mouth, you should know that I am quite well informed about the American society and it's pastimes. I lived in VA for about 6 years (11-17) so I pretty much grew up in the damn country, f*cking !@#$%^&. Talk about jumping the gun. By the way, I do know about the Red Sox's and Yankee rivalry, but I really don't give a sh*t. Besides, that rivalry is dwarfed by Newcastle/Sunderland, Arsenal/Tottenham, Man. United/Man. City.

i dont think pizzack was being as serious as you thought, but whatever :]

your forgetting Millwall / West ham, Burnley / Blackburn, Celtic / Rangers, AC milan / Inter Milan.

All dwarfed compared to some of the Eastern European teams....like close to a hundred people die everytime Sparta Prague play Slavia Prague.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users