18 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Happy

Mr.Happy

Lurker

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:41 AM

Hello All!,

My name is Chris, I am 21 years old, almost 22. I attend the University of Toledo. I am a Buisness major. I hope to one day own my own bar/restaurant.
My hobbies are;

- Computers (Graphics, Games, Websites, etc)

- Drawing (I love drawing up comic books, and I doddle thru all my classes)

- Anime & Cartoons (I am a bigtime Anime Fan, 1.2terabytes of Anime)

- Guns (I shoot alot in real life. I own a Tactical M4 (Bushmaster) and a H&K USP 40, I got a Springfield Armory 1911 A1 Tactical on layaway for the summer)
Posted Image

- Cars (I am a big fan of cars. I am rebuilding a 1970 Dodge Challenger right now (Http://www.hot70hemi.com) And I got my name down on the list for a Gt500 mustang next summer. I will be the 2nd person in Toledo to have one ^^)

- I pride myself on my computer. (I am embarresed to say how much I have spent on it.)

Posted Image
I have added another 250 SATA since I Made this Banner

AIM - "Lipid Sama"
Email - "[email protected]
Email - "[email protected]

Email me if you need a Gmail account, I got 100 to Pass out, or AIM me.

I hope to have fun playing with you guys!, Cya Around!

#2 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:08 AM

You sound amazingly similar to me. My name is Chris, and I've spent way too much on my computer, I like cars, guns (I'm looking at getting either a 1911, USP, or maybe the new Springfield XD, dunno what caliber though), drawing (especially doodling during classes) although I don't like anime and I do like the ladies (not on your list dude...cmooooooooon!)

Heck, I even turn 22 next month, it's almost eerie!

On a lighter note, Bushmaster makes very nice stuff. I'm assuming that's the semi-auto civilian version of the M4. Can't wait to see you whippin me on CS, and welcome!

Edited by S.W.A.T. 2.0, 26 April 2005 - 02:09 AM.

#3 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:34 AM

u ve got a f*ckin m4!!!!!! or a well built toy either way wecole to BoSS :tup:

#4 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:29 AM

I dun think that's a toy bucky lol

#5 Mr.Happy

Mr.Happy

Lurker

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:15 PM

Its a semi-auto Carbine, I have it set up right now for entry level tactical specs. It shoots .223 rounds

My USP is .40 Cal, and my 1911, is a .45cal

Posted Image

Thats my gun with all my stuff on it. However I like it standard when shooting, most of it just weighs it down.

Posted Image

Here is a crate of ammo and clips I keep next to my computer. Thats 150 rounds of .223 Hallow Point with 2 40 round clips.

This aint no toy .. ;)

Edited by Mr.Happy, 26 April 2005 - 12:17 PM.

#6 Kass

Kass

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:40 PM

good lord............ i'm happy i live in Canada............ welcome dude

#7 Riel

Riel

One Scary Fucker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:55 PM

springfield rifles are a 30.06 arent they

#8 Mr.Happy

Mr.Happy

Lurker

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:18 PM

Some are, however springfield armory makes many different types of rifles. .22 .308 30 od 6 I mean you just gotta knwo what you want, and what you like, and go from there.

#9 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:30 PM

i didnt even think civilians cud buy a M4 :dork:

#10 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:42 PM

You can buy an M4 now that the assault weapons ban is over. If you want a class 3 though (ie: full auto/suppressed) you can't buy one unless it was built before...'84 I think...I'm not sure. Anyone can get a semi-auto M4 style weapon nowadays though. Of course, a new semi-auto M4 may run you about $1000 while a full auto Colt made M16A2 carbine (forerunner to the M4A1) may run you upwards of $15000, so it's a big gap in prices...of course, how often are you going to need to shoot a rifle in full auto mode (unless you have a great desire to chew up alot of ammo...); .223 rounds aren't cheap!

Bushmaster makes very nice rifles. Out of curiosity though, I heard that the 40rd clips had feeding problems for some reason. Have you had any?? Also, in your opinion, what caliber to you prefer for a self defense handgun?? If you've got a .40 S&W in the USP and a .45 in the 1911, which suits you better??

Edited by S.W.A.T. 2.0, 26 April 2005 - 04:00 PM.

#11 angrybrit

angrybrit

Shinobi of Tina's body

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:03 PM

That's what happens when we live in a liberal country (in SOVIET CANUCKISTAN). :33:

Anyway welcome Chris! :9:

#12 Mr.Happy

Mr.Happy

Lurker

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:02 PM

Correct, .223 are around 56 dollars for 200 rounds, and thats the cheap stuff.

For Home Defence: I would recemmend either a 9mm hand gun or a 40cal. 40's are very cheap to shoot compaired to a 45cal, plus it has a higher velocity rate. My USP40 is a very nice gun, I would reccemend it to anyone. Home defence is a plus with it. However, My .45cal I havent not shot yet. But I have shot my friends 1911, and it is another higher ranked gun in my book.

- My M4 I would not use for home defence. The round travels any where between 3200-3900 feet a second. It would go thru the object they are carrying, thru them, out the back, thru the wall, and across the street =\.

btw S.W.A.T. - you can by a semi auto Colt A3 Tactical M4 now, for $2000, and buy a auto seer for it for 200 bucks. I wouldnt reccemend doign this however, because if the cops find you with an unregistered automatic M4, your going to happy camp with timmy and bubba!.

the Colt M4 is your highest quality M4, its what our military uses. However they are the rarest and most exspensive. Colt, The company, stopped selling guns to the public. So the only way to get one is thru a legalized FFE dealer.

You can also buy a "H&K Mp5" for home defence if you wanna spend 12k on a gun ;)

- 40 round clips. I have only had my gun jam on me once with my 40's in there. I have personally never had a problem with them. But I heard anything past 30 always has problems down the road, so who knows. I personally like my 40's, it gives me something ot hold when shooting.

#13 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:39 PM

Ya, I wouldn't be using a rifle of any sort for home defense. Just way too much penetration (I hear the .357SIG pistol round has the same problem), and if you're defending yourself in your home, you don't really want to try swinging a gun around to aim at someone, a pistol is a bit easier. Guess it's a good thing I don't have a home atm (gotta love the college dorm). Yeah, I know MP5's are hella expensive (especially the MP5k's). I saw one for sale the other day with both the collapsable and fixed stocks, the 3 different foregrips, 8 30rd mags, and a suppressor for aobut $13,000. Looked sweet but I'll never be buying one...

I'm all about Colt products though, however I've heard that their quality has dropped a good bit lately. I don't know if this is reflected on their rifles as well, but I was told not to buy a Colt made pistol made after about 1985 due to quality issues...which stinks because I like the feel of the 1911's.

I'll probably be buying a pistol when I graduate from college (which is pretty durn soon) and I'm still debating on what to purchase. So many choices, each good in their own way. I'm liking the XD and the 1911's though. I've always had an affinity for the USP/USP Compact and the Walther P99a s well...who knows where I'll end up though.

#14 Mr.Happy

Mr.Happy

Lurker

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:59 PM

Sweet, another good gun, is the Sig 226, my ungle just bought one wit hthe tactical grip, flahs light, laser pointer combo, its hella nice. I like my USP a little better tho.

And btw the way Colt is one of the best guns out there. Its not that they are getting cheaper, its other guns are getting just as good. Reason why I bught a Bushmaster was because its almost as good as a Colt, and I wanted a cheaper M4 I could shoot tha twas decent quality. H&K, Sig, Rock River Arms, Bushmaster, Springfield Armory, Kimber, I mea nthey are all becomming sweet, and all the prices of their guns is reflecting that.

#15 .:Purple Haze:.

.:Purple Haze:.

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:21 PM

godamn that sh*t is so cool .

#16 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:55 PM

Ya, I was looking at a Sig P229 the other day, ver nice. Monsterous decocker might get in the way though, I've not actually shot one yet so I dunno. Is the P226 the .45 ACP??

I've not really heard of Rock River Arms. Maybe I've seen one or two of em before (they make M16 style weapons, correct??) but they're not a big time name like H&K, Springfield, or Colt.

I think I may get a .22 pistol as well (since ammo is so much cheaper) just to "plink" with and work on my aiming a lil. I don't get to shoot enough right now since I'm living in a dorm on campus (no weapons of course), although I took the concealed weapon permit class last summer and passed it easily...that was with my dad's ol Browning Hi-Power 9mmP (which I think he wants to give me but I don't want, there's alot of features I want on a pistol that it just doesn't have).

#17 Mr.Happy

Mr.Happy

Lurker

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:15 AM

yeah, I put Rock River in there because Colt is known as top of the line in the M4 category, however bushmaster rockriver, olympic arms are all making weapons that rival it. (M4 Carbines)

the 229 is the one I like, the .45cal with the Stainless Steel Frame... Mmmmmm.. :tup:

The 226 is a multi frame gun. it comes in either a 9mm, 40cal, or 45cal, same as my USP 40, witch I can get in a 45, or a 9mm if I had wanted too. But 40 Was just right for me.

Edited by Mr.Happy, 27 April 2005 - 12:20 AM.

#18 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:01 AM

I've shot a 9mmP most of my life, but I think I'd want to kick it up to at least a .40 if I carried it for defense. Recoil on a 9mm is pretty weak (I've gotten alot stronger since I started shooting too, shooting a 9mm as an 11 year old who weighs 100lbs is a lil different than shooting it as a 21 year old who weighs 175 who benches almost my own weight). I was talking to some world renown shooter and he suggested a 45 cal 1911 because it had alot of stopping power, but the rounds were less "sporatic" in rapid fire situations.

I think I'll just save up my money and buy an old M60 and carry it around on my back...maybe that'd detract criminals...

#19 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 03:55 PM

lol the only gun i have ever shot was a 20 gauge and a 12 gauge(i was skeet shootin back in texas)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've actually never shot a shotgun before...probably be an interesting experience

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users