1 reply to this topic

#1 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:13 AM

Alright so with that $200 Best Buy card I won from that contest, I wanted to buy a graphics card. Bestbuy.com usually has 3870s in stock, but they are already $20-$50 over NewEgg prices and shipping+tax means it's an extra $25 or so just to ship it.

The card OEM is VisionTek. I was skeptical but it's one of the more popular variations on NewEgg and the card itself is all ATi branding so it's just like a pure ATi card, a little factory overclocked. ;)

Well the entire week before I got the card the 3870OC was on sale for $150 (usually $250). Then once I got the gift card all ATi cards went back to normal prices and the nVidia cards went on sale.

So I waited and waited until last Sunday I checked to see the 3870OC was only $130 on sale, a price lower than even most of the ones on NewEgg. So I ordered it and it arrived yesterday.

Flawless performance in all games, even with all options enabled. COD4 looks great, so does BioShock and TF2. I just gotta try Crysis.

Also, the card came with a Call of Juarez demo so I figured why not, so I tried it on DX10 all settings maxed, and not only did it look amazing, but it performed really well. It's not the best game and the gameplay is pretty buggy but goddamn, that is REALISTIC HDR rendering, makes the stuff used in Valve's games look like shit. Fire is actually realistic and little things like windows, reflections, grass, real depth of field, etc...stunning. I can't wait until more games start using this.

#2 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:24 PM

im getting one soon, thanks to your gift card+my own+my own cash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users