4 replies to this topic

#1 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:58 PM

Its time for me to up the laptop.. its gettin old and the graphics card is a joke.. YAY 64mb of video!!! Anywho... what would be a good choice on a grahpics card for a laptop? Im looking at laptops with the 8600 and the ATI 3650's.... they are'nt the best but they could play cs:source and most of my other games, just not uberlike on my desktop. Your opinions?

#2 sparks

sparks

Lurker

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

oh man, i got a slammin pentium 2 266mhz processor overclocked!! and 128 mb of RAM!! and a sweet ass screamin voodoo 3 video card, that's all u need bro, i get like 20,000 fps running farcry 2!!

p.s. horse boner

#3 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

oh man, i got a slammin pentium 2 266mhz processor overclocked!! and 128 mb of RAM!! and a sweet ass screamin voodoo 3 video card, that's all u need bro, i get like 20,000 fps running farcry 2!!

p.s. horse boner

sarcasm

#4 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:49 PM

If you need a laptop for gaming then yes one of those cards will play CS:S fine, however be careful because the laptop will likely get VERY hot if you're playing a game with it on your lap. Also it will drain the battery pretty fast when you're playing games so again be careful.

#5 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

Yeh one of the things I noticed about the c2d's on laptops is that they get really hot. Not as bad as the P4's but still hot. I should say screw it and go with the gaming xps and spend the extra cash, up the ram later and get the good grahpics (8700m) and a good c2d. Plus they are bigger so the heat shouldnt be as bad. The great thing about this centrino mobile I got now is that it stays so damn cool! even running games it never goes over 45 C... When im just using it on internet or whatever the cpu fan doesnt even come on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users