16 replies to this topic

#1 Armageddon

Armageddon

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:53 PM

The Dark Knight is by far the best batman movie ever. I stayed up all night because i couldnt wait to see it. Heath Ledger did an amazing job as Joker. Definatly worth the f'n money to go see it. The only downside of the film is Christian Bale's "tough voice" if you've seen the film you'll know what i mean. GO SEE IT!

#2 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:28 PM

It was an OK movie I'd give it a 7.5/10. It was pretty damn long and Batman was such a pussy.

#3 dazed & confused

dazed & confused

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:18 AM

Yep, just finished returning from the movies about a half an hour ago. It's a great movie, and Ledger plays a ridiculously good Joker. Honestly he's one of the best characters I've seen in a movie in a very long time. Ledger plays his role so well it makes you feel like you're actually watching someone real.

So for all who haven't seen it, I recommend that you do when you get the chance to. :tup:

#4 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:30 AM

Got done watching it, BEST f*ckING MOVIE THIS SUMMER!!

Joker is f*cking epic...adlakfjasdlkfjasdlkfalsdkflakdf GO SEE IT! 10/10

#5 the AntiHippie

the AntiHippie

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:13 AM

It's a great movie, and Ledger plays a ridiculously good Joker. Honestly he's one of the best characters I've seen in a movie in a very long time. Ledger plays his role so well it makes you feel like you're actually watching someone real.

+1

#6 dazed & confused

dazed & confused

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:44 AM

I want to see how much money that movie reeled in by the end of the weekend. Tickets were sold out at all the theaters I know of until like 12 mindnight.

Luckily, I got my friend to buy me a ticket at some random theater :grin:

#7 pusadolfo

pusadolfo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:28 AM

i'm gonna see it today so i'll rate it today after i see it

#8 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

Two thumbs up in my book. Very well made film, too bad Heath Ledger is no longer alive :malace: Would have made a excellent joker in the next film. Was a bit on the long side though, had to do a double take on my cellphone when i left the movie theatre.

#9 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:50 AM

Saw it last night. Was pretty damn awesome. And yes, Ledger was an amazing joker. I especially like the parts where he tells you why he is why he is, and why he does things the way he does. All around I'd say 9/10... 9/10 b/c Maggie Gylenhal? They couldn't find anyone to replace Katie Holmes(Im sure Tom Cruise wouldnt let her, lol), so they go the actress whose brother had buttsecks with Ledger?

Was a great movie tho fer sherz

#10 mj0ne5

mj0ne5

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

I'm going Tuesday, and I'm seeing it in IMAX.

#11 pusadolfo

pusadolfo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:56 PM

i saw it last night, it is really good, heath ledger beats jack nicholson as the joker by far!!
Posted Image

#12 Kill_JOy

Kill_JOy

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:22 PM

A few issues with the flick: (got back from watching it 10 minutes ago)

1. Batman's terrible "tough-guy voice". He used it in the last flick but, it wasn't as strongly emphasized as in this one. Made me cringe every time Bale did it (not in a good way).

2. Two-Face. Why spend the entire movie building up/introducing a character that finally transforms into who he's gonna be only to have happen what happend to him (trying to be discreet for those who haven't seen it)?

3. Cheesy characters. Some of the 'supporting' characters - those that played the villains and a couple cops - were really cheesy. Especially that Russian guy and the cop that kept spitting out the 'over-used' cache phrases during the "lower fifth" chase scene, eg.. "This isn't what I signed up for!".

4. Length of the film. It could have easily been atleast 45 minutes shorter.

5. Freeman usage. Morgan Freeman's character was a bit overused. It felt like they just tossed him in every once in a while to fill in plot gaps and spots where the movie needed a break from The Joker/mobsters/cops. And when did he go from being a weapons designer to a computer hacker? He effortlessly runs the most complex/keyless switchboard computer system ever made (that somehow uses sonar detection/sattelite cell linkups), without ever having seen it till it was time to use it.

Overall, IMO, 9/10 -- Ledger was great in this movie but it wasn't enough to make this one "outstanding".

Edited by Kill_JOy, 24 July 2008 - 07:27 PM.

#13 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:35 PM

this movie was great. 10/10.

#14 SilentSinr

SilentSinr

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

i went to see it last weekend with a group of friends and it was an amazing movie
and Ledger was incredible but i completely agree with those who talked about the "tough guy" voice lol

it pissed me off in the first movie and it succeed to do it again here >_<

#15 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

I agree, this movie is so damn good!! Heath Ledger was a GREAT Joker. I don't get why people have a problem with the length of the movie... I thought it was fine. But I have no problem sitting still :P But ya, fantastic movie! I wanna go see it at IMax sometime and I want it on Blu-Ray right away!

#16 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

Saw it last weekend... love how Sweden is always 3-4 weeks after US release.
Anyway, awesome movie! Beats the last one with a stick! My only bones to pick are what was said above. The material used was more than enough for two movies, and it dragged on... I thought it was going to end like halfway through. Although I guess I should't complain about amount of content in the movie, what with all these content-less movies being made these days. The one thing that sucked was what happened to Two-Face...
Heath Ledger's acting was just as good as everyone said it was. I was definately surprised about his show-stealing performance.
Overall I'd say a solid 9/10 :tup:

#17 patriotSEAL88

patriotSEAL88

Lurker

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:12 PM

Two thumbs up in my book. Very well made film, too bad Heath Ledger is no longer alive :malace: Would have made a excellent joker in the next film. Was a bit on the long side though, had to do a double take on my cellphone when i left the movie theatre.

Yeah definately would've made an excellent Joker again if they used the Joker in the next Batman movie. I loved the movie. Plot flowed real well and yeah Heath Ledger's performance was top knotch. Really put character into the Joker and was able to make the Joker look funny and disturbing as the Joker should be. I'll definately be getting this on blu-ray and watching it a lot when it comes out like in half a year lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users