• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:16 PM

Was playing company of heroes lyesterday, works perfectly fine. Then BLAMMO horrible artifacting, stuttering and finally blank screen, and the smell of smoke. Opened my computer up and it looked like the power connector for the 6 pin shorted and caught. Definitely fried. Atleast I got a rma # soon enough. I want my 4870 X2 back :(

So I'm stuck with this craptastic test videocard I have for testing out bad videocards. 7600 GT, runs games so horribly I care not to play them.

So I will be taking up shadow's death threats and watching House for the next few weeks until I get it back from RMA

Hear that shadow? That's right, I'm watching house!!! After it's been sitting in a corner on my harddrive for all these months :grin:

#2 Julius

Julius

Lurker

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:16 AM

Was playing company of heroes lyesterday, works perfectly fine. Then BLAMMO horrible artifacting, stuttering and finally blank screen, and the smell of smoke. Opened my computer up and it looked like the power connector for the 6 pin shorted and caught. Definitely fried. Atleast I got a rma # soon enough. I want my 4870 X2 back :(

So I'm stuck with this craptastic test videocard I have for testing out bad videocards. 7600 GT, runs games so horribly I care not to play them.

So I will be taking up shadow's death threats and watching House for the next few weeks until I get it back from RMA

Hear that shadow? That's right, I'm watching house!!! After it's been sitting in a corner on my harddrive for all these months :grin:

How did you like the 4870 X2? I've been considering buying one, but I heard a lot of reports of them overheating and going dead.

#3 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

Every logical person knows that when you buy an ATI card, you get an aftermarket heatsink, but then again the *overheating* crap happens more with nvidia, but still.... Common Sense.

ps, Drunk as fuck, and still moar logical then you guyz \o/

#4 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:27 AM

Yep, i had to rma an 8800 GTS I had... damn thing literally melted... soon after mobo went. But now with proper cooling in a new tower they all run 50C to 78C under full load and mobo is very cool too. So I guess I learned proper cooling for a pc... heh.. :tdown:

#5 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:00 PM

How did you like the 4870 X2? I've been considering buying one, but I heard a lot of reports of them overheating and going dead.

Was very good, performance was awesome, actually ran at 58-60 C under load so it wasnt a overheating issue. Just plain factory defect, normalcy of when something get's mass produced bound to be defects that arent apparent in the manufacturing process.

My solution was just to buy another 4870 X2 and crossfire them together when i get my other one back from RMA ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users