MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:07 AM

Start your engines, b*tches.

Posted Image

You need to get the black skin. I can't find the demo...

Edited by MainEvent, 06 November 2008 - 03:08 AM.

#22 Link2086

Link2086

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:02 AM

Main - you have to have preordered if you're going to access the demo before the 11th.

I preloaded last night, but lucky me, I broke the bandwidth restriction per week for my school, so I'm on a 56K connection until midnight Saturday. :tdown:

#23 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:03 PM

Man this game blows.............

#24 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

How is it?

#25 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:45 PM

How is it?

Gameplay, solid, innovation, solid, implementation of the online segment, fail.

Out of 10 games, only 1 I was able to stay connected and play through it because Valve in all of their wisdom decided to not release a dedicated server for it. So you are stuck on (Insert random poor kid)'s computer who can't even play solitaire trying to host a game where his computer has to not only draw and maintain what's onscreen, has to maintain the other player's locations, their actions, all of the zombie AI, etc. What do you get ladies and gentlemen? No fun at all!

#26 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

Gameplay, solid, innovation, solid, implementation of the online segment, fail.

Well if the game play, and innovation are solid I'm sure once they release the dedicated server the game overall will be solid. I'd be playing right now but I decided to finally set up the water cooling stuff I've had sitting in my closet for months now. So leak testing till the evening then I'll be on to kill some laggy zombies.

#27 SilentSinr

SilentSinr

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:35 PM

preordered a few moments ago...the demo should be done soon...its at around 55%
i cant wait

#28 Link2086

Link2086

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:48 PM

Finally got it to launch. Can't play online right now, but the atmosphere is fantastic. The guns have a nice solid feel to them too. Submachine guns actually feel like they pack a punch - no TMPs here. I've played through the entire demo thrice now, and I've yet to have even remotely close experiences.

My first time through, I encountered a witch sitting off to the side of one of the subway tunnels. I had been kicking ass up to this point, and I thought "eh, might as well. How bad could it be?"

Dead in ten seconds.

Granted, this could be because I had AI "covering" me, but still, there's no denying how deadly the witch is. Avoid it at all costs. Besides, the AI is actually pretty good.

Anyway, for anyone who's still on the fence about it, I'd recommend picking up the public demo on the 11th and giving it a shot. You do get $5 off if you preorder (plus immediate access to the demo), but if you're still not sure, give the public demo a whirl. Chances are, you'll like what you see.

Edit: Just wondering, any chance of a BoSS L4D server going up? Does a L4D server really only hold 4 at a time, or can it run multiple games at once...? Thanks if anyone knows.

Edited by Link2086, 06 November 2008 - 11:49 PM.

#29 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:18 AM

well, I'll only be hosting it for *the vent people*, passworded of course., but don't expect pubby servers for scrubs such as yourself who never get on vent.

#30 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:54 AM

well, I'll only be hosting it for *the vent people*, passworded of course., but don't expect pubby servers for scrubs such as yourself who never get on vent.

2nded, anti-social f*ckers get no special treatment

#31 Link2086

Link2086

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:18 AM

Haha, no worries. I was away for a few months since my old PC crashed whenever I tried to play CS, so I'm just now getting back into the game as it is. I'll hopefully be on Vent again eventually, but a lot of times I've got to work around my roommate, so we'll have to see how that goes.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with you having servers only for the guys on vent - I'm not going to b*tch and moan about it. I'll stick to Dust and Office and try and get on Vent whenever I can, but not because I want a L4D server - I really do enjoy playing/talking with everyone here.

Hope that didn't come across as b*tchy or whiny...

EDIT: Note the gap in my posting on the forums from January to May of 08 - that's when most of my issues went on, but I did have some further trouble after that. So yeah, it's been a while since I was on the servers regularly, though I am changing that.

Edited by Link2086, 07 November 2008 - 01:19 AM.

#32 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:18 AM

Brilliant.

#33 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:42 AM

2nded, anti-social f*ckers get no special treatment

I wouldnt call them "antisocial" considering most of the people who get on vent (including myself) are assholes. They're just pussys.

#34 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:02 AM

Thats even worse.

#35 Link2086

Link2086

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

Found this, figured I'd share with you guys:

How to try Infected in the demo.

After you do that, you have to type z_spawn zombietype, otherwise it'll just say you're too close or waiting for survivors to leave spawn. You can also spawn other zombies to help you by the same command.

EDIT: Oh, and this apparently only works in single player or multiplayer where you can turn sv_cheats on.

Edited by Link2086, 07 November 2008 - 09:12 PM.

#36 Ziros

Ziros

@dm!nz0r

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

L4Dead Signature Test

#37 Link2086

Link2086

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

As of 11/10, Valve has patched the demo so you can no longer play as infected. Sorry guys. Hope you got a taste of it while it was still possible...

#38 mr.lively

mr.lively

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

Dedicated servers are available.

#39 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

Can now preload the full version now :D

#40 Link2086

Link2086

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

Can now preload the full version now :D

Screw my bandwidth cap, I'm preloading this sucker.

I've seen a lot of arguments about whether the "movies" are all one continuous storyline or if they're four different 'what-if' scenarios. Does anyone know what it is?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users