• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

Edited by Scroll_Lock88, 09 October 2008 - 12:50 PM.

#2 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:09 PM

Umm... Yeah... I do see the issue they're trying to make... But seriously, you have a country that doesn't really want you there and you can never tell who's going to try to kill you. You really can't blame 'em for drop weapons. Seems like a smart idea to me.

#3 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:00 PM

Well I know of about 20-30 army/marines that have served with house-house clearing, patrols etc. Only 1 of them had a experience with this. It's very hard to distinguish who is going to kill you and who is going to not kill you. In that instance the guy ran at them while reaching into his coat for something. Obviously you can take that as a hostile intent and act.

All of them never were told, or even had 'drop' weapons on them. And about 10 of them served 3 tours already and have not experienced it.

Just another blown out of proportion media fiasco.

#4 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:14 PM

That's what I would do. Interesting though.

#5 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:30 PM

no problem here, do what you have to do.

#6 Snookers

Snookers

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:41 PM

its not like there killing innocent people on purpose, the US is just protecting their soldiers

#7 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

hahahaha they should have ended that video with a platoon of marines shrugging and saying "ehh sh*t Happens"

#8 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:00 PM

The "eh sh*t happens" is pretty much the normal response for the Marines. Not every insurgent drops loot, y0. Besides, this is the whole reason we have a contact team with an arabic speaker. They go find out who we accidentally killed, who and where their family lives and go pay them. We literally pay them accidental death and damage. It's kind of funny because we usually had to pay more for any livestock killed than family members.

Edited by Halcomb, 09 October 2008 - 10:24 PM.

#9 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:24 AM

Not every insurgent drops loot, y0.

Best line EVARRRR :tup:

#10 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:48 AM

Imagine if a Taliban dropped The AK-47 of Revealing.

#11 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:37 AM

Imagine if a Taliban dropped The AK-47 of Revealing.

Who cares, it's not even purple. nonepic lootz ftl

#12 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:54 PM

Who cares, it's not even purple. nonepic lootz ftl

pshh, the real ballas only care about orange lewt

#13 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

pshh, the real ballas only care about orange lewt

my bad, i dont play mmorpg's

#14 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:21 AM

its not like there killing innocent people on purpose, the US is just protecting their soldiers

The point is that they could if they wanted to, and that's not right.

But yeah, this is a war like it or not. Bad things happen in times of war... Maybe we should avoid putting people in a situation like that to begin with, instead of trying to prosecute soldiers for doing their job? Just a thought...

#15 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

The point is that they could if they wanted to, and that's not right.

But yeah, this is a war like it or not. Bad things happen in times of war... Maybe we should avoid putting people in a situation like that to begin with, instead of trying to prosecute soldiers for doing their job? Just a thought...

One day everyone will realize that ignoring a problem is not a solution. No offense, but this sort of pacifism pisses me off to no end. Yes war is bad, but it's human nature not to get along. I'm sorry that the media is there to show you the brutality of it, but it does not make it any less necessary.

To say we're any more socialized or civilized is a farce. We're still the same stick waving assholes we were 10,000 years ago; we're just a little more intelligent and have learned some new tricks.

#16 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:12 AM

To say we're any more socialized or civilized is a farce. We're still the same stick waving assholes we were 10,000 years ago; we're just a little more intelligent and have learned some new tricks.

the only weapon of mass destruction found in Iraq the last six years was the bush administration.

#17 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:31 AM

the only weapon of mass destruction found in Iraq the last six years was the bush administration.

Eh. I'm not exactly sure that was our full intent. I mean they say it is and Bush will take a fall for it but Saddam has f*cked with us and the UN about WMD/Chemical weapons since I can remember. Now with Iran starting to tinker with nuclear energy, I'm pretty sure they would have been intelligent enough to pick up scam themselves.

I mean, basically we've shown countries currently trying to develop nukes/chemical weapons that if you f*ck with us about the firecrackers, we'll blow your hands off and rub your face in it before you have a chance to blow your and/or anyone elses off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users