6 replies to this topic

#1 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

First off, the link Linky

Secondly, I work for a company that does all of the major retail stores pretty much. We finished this inventory cycle with CC and they stiffed our company with the bill. It wasn't due to poor service, it was because when our corporate HQ got the payment from the company there wasnt enough funds in the bank to complete the transaction! Read the e-mails and they are pretty entertaining when they go back and forth between each other. They may be receiving a lawsuit getting the payment for the inventories.

Good riddance, they have been dying for years, this will be last nail in the coffin hopefully. Another company lost due to poor leadership and a CEO that couldn't run a business for the life of him.

#2 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

Damn, I did like them but they did make some poor choices and had shit customer service.

Whatever, online shopping is better in most cases anyway.

#3 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:15 PM

so what happens to the people that have accounts w/ them/ do you just not have to pay when it happens?

#4 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:03 PM

so what happens to the people that have accounts w/ them/ do you just not have to pay when it happens?

Most stores use a 3rd party for credit. So either you'll continue to pay off stuff as normal, or some company will buy your debt off the old company and make a huge profit off it. If you pay it off that is.

#5 the AntiHippie

the AntiHippie

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:13 PM

yeah, if you talk to the store managers, they have been struggling for years now and all of corporate has as well. frankly, i'm surprised they last this long. i thought they should have died last year.

#6 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:35 PM

I worked for them earlier this decade...for almost 2 years. What a sh*thole. I got laid off in 2003 during their first wave of the corporate axe cutbacks. I was looked upon as a waste of money. Full-time student, part time employee, working 20 hours a week, making $27,000/year on strictly commission(we didn't make an hourly wage back then). My averaged hourly was somewhere between $16-18 an hour. Why pay me that, when they can pay some monkey $9/hr to do the "same" work.

As soon as they dropped all the part timers, i realized the company was going downhill, and too fast to stop it.

Everything is bottoming out..get used to it. lol

#7 mr.lively

mr.lively

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

wow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users