8 replies to this topic

#1 Armageddon

Armageddon

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

I saw quarnatine today....well....im gonna have to say it was just ok. It was made by the same people who made cloverfield, which made me a little hesitant to go see it. About halfway through the movie i got fed up with the whole shaky camera sh*t. The movie is pretty cheesy too. I knew pretty much everything that was gonna happen, way too predictable. Theres a scene were a bunch of them are locked in a room and theyre trying to see if anyone was bitten. Theres a chick on the floor and she was bitten (and theres also a guy they locked in a little room next to them). They all want to kill her but her "boyfriend" freaks out and ends up getting shot cuz he trys to escape. Then they all start talking to each other again and they seem to have forgotten about the other 2 people in the room that have been bitten. It's unrealistic. I respect how they were trying to put a twist on a zombie film but they should have thought it out better. Theres a point in the film were you can tell they just stopped trying completely. Unless you liked cloverfield or if you're a zombie movie fan, i would suggest waiting until it comes out on video. Overall rating: 7/10

#2 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:06 PM

It stars the chick from Dexter right? Seems cool I guess. I think im just a pansy and dont like scary movies lol

and I dont think it has anything to do with the Cloverfield people

Dave

#3 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:27 PM

I saw quarnatine today....well....im gonna have to say it was just ok. It was made by the same people who made cloverfield, which made me a little hesitant to go see it. About halfway through the movie i got fed up with the whole shaky camera sh*t. The movie is pretty cheesy too. I knew pretty much everything that was gonna happen, way too predictable. Theres a scene were a bunch of them are locked in a room and theyre trying to see if anyone was bitten. Theres a chick on the floor and she was bitten (and theres also a guy they locked in a little room next to them). They all want to kill her but her "boyfriend" freaks out and ends up getting shot cuz he trys to escape. Then they all start talking to each other again and they seem to have forgotten about the other 2 people in the room that have been bitten. It's unrealistic. I respect how they were trying to put a twist on a zombie film but they should have thought it out better. Theres a point in the film were you can tell they just stopped trying completely. Unless you liked cloverfield or if you're a zombie movie fan, i would suggest waiting until it comes out on video. Overall rating: 7/10

I'd REALLY hope that this movie is predictable, you know, considering it's a REMAKE of a movie out of Spain that came out LAST YEAR called "REC."

But, yes, I'm a zombie fan and will probably watch this regardless. So thanks for the review.

#4 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:24 AM

It stars the chick from Dexter right?

word, prob the only reason I'll watch it. shes on my top five hottest chicks with an a cup list.

#5 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

Watch the original that ezekiel posted, Rec. There's a DVD rip on the piratebay, make sure you get english subtitle version. I got a free ticket to watch quarantine, and comparing the two, Rec is much better.

#6 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:00 AM

word, prob the only reason I'll watch it. shes on my top five hottest chicks with an a cup list.

+1.

#7 infestedglock

infestedglock

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

+1.

i heard [REC] is scary as hell

not that ive seen either, but thank you for giving me a headsup about the remake... i was considering spending money on a movie ticket but i guess ill just wait for the divx version to float online

as a zombie movie fan, id have to say Dawn of the Dead remake is most perfectly done

#8 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:10 AM

I watch quarantine today and I nodded off three times.

...the chick from dexter does sound hot when she screams though

#9 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

I must say, the commercials for this movie are........well, they suck. There is nothing to draw me to any plot or anything. I'm generally not a fan of scary movies and the such, but I appreciate a good mini trailer. I can prolly rate this movie without watching it. I'm gonna say 5/10 :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users