39 replies to this topic

#21 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:59 AM

Anyway, if your house/apartment had sh*tty wiring to begin with that could be the cause. Maybe not necessarily comcast�s fault.

That's where your wrong.

If they send a technician out to setup your internet/cable, it is their fault. They can easily check to see if the cable is getting a bad signal w/their portable oscilloscopes and replace them if need be. This happened to me with 4 technicians and the last one finally got it right and he's the only nig I gave a tip to.

This also f*cking happened to me: the signal from the line into the house was so weak that we couldn't keep a steady internet connection. Comcast's own wires were f*cked up and it took me getting my neighborhood to call them b*tches up and get it fixed.

They're basically like any big business in America; looking to f*ck the people over for their own profit because they know they can.

#22 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:56 AM

Just to add to the hatin, i miss my Adelphia. Say what you will about those bastards (my old roomate certainly did...i learned not to even mention the buisness' name), but Adelphia was overall a great isp for me. Then, about two years ago, Comcast decided to moove in and bought (or Adelphia simply sold) all local support...so since cable is generally the best there is in personal isp's, i figure that the changeover wouldnt hurt and it would be great as always. Since then, though, my rates have gone up, the T.V. actually got crappier (both in quality and in availability), and my dl speed got capped off at 90 KB/sec. Gameplay hasn't changed as far as lag/ping (as long as i dont have ANYTHING internet related running in the background) and i don't even watch T.V. anymore...so it hasn't bothered me too terribly, but whenever i try to watch/listen to somethin streaming or download anything at all, i wanna rip someone at Comcast a new hole...and of course anyone i call up treats me like a complete idiot. As all customer service calls have been listed or experienced, a gem in my history would be "Your internet is running slow and you've already tried restarting your modem several time?....well, try again...still didnt help?...how long have you had your modem?...less than 2 years?...well i would suggest you buy a new one since aparently yours is causing you problems. You disagree/don't want to buy our modems?...Well, then have a good day *click*" P.S. There is nothing f*ckin wrong with my modem.

#23 Unlikely

Unlikely

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:57 AM

I�ve gotten pretty lucky then. This was the second time the tech thought we wouldn�t have service because of bad wiring and refused to do anything about it. I remember him saying, well you just can�t have internet in here. Luckily for him and the landlord, the wiring worked and we never had a problem with it. Granted, we�ve only been in this current place since April� give it time.

#24 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:29 PM

Day of reckoning has come, Comcast should be here any minute now. They have this last chance to fix things before I get beyond hostile with them.

#25 AssHattery

AssHattery

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:56 PM

mine seems to have fixed itself for now haven't had any problems with the connection cutting out for about a week now

#26 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

Currently on hold with senior tech support about getting things checked out at a datacenter level. Guess he is on the phone with the dipsh*ts down there. All I know is if he says the wrong thing I'm having him transfer me to billing to cancel my service.

#27 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

They are going to call me back at 8 tonight to schedule a line repair call. I guess they want someone to come out and replace the entire box, all lines leading into the building and all external lines going to the central box.

Meh, if they want to waste money, be my guest. I told them what the problem is, but I guess I don't know anything :whatever:

Would think by now they would put a flag on my account and monitor it for activity and latency issues, but I guess companies like wasting mass tons of money to fix a very simple problem.

#28 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

Comcast has FINALLY come to the realization that I have called way too many times. They escalated to the highest level of tech support. Just got off the phone with a senior helpdesk member about my problem. Talked with him for almost an hour, going through all the things that all the previous tech support personnel did, what the techs did, had me go through all the invoices the techs did and he made a extremely long ticket ID #.

Not exactly sure on what's going to be done, but he said that after he got off the phone with me he was going to call whatever department handles node maintenance and etc. to find out what the issue is.

Gave him all the times it's happened, how long they were, latency spikes, screenshots, traceroutes. He even agreed with me that there is something faulty in the node, an overloaded switch or something is not working right.

Tomorrow morning is when they will get back to me about how things are going to get fixed and the timeframe it's going to take.

For those that are interested, I have a nice notepad here full of all the times I've called who I talked to, case ID#'s tech comments etc.

Total # of calls to Comcast = 49

Of the total # of calls, 6 of which were females, which they were ABSOLUTELY NO HELP

Total amount of credit from comcast = 1 year of free service

Total time comcast was out here on service calls = almost 6 hours (did rough guesstimates of when each tech showed up and when they left)

Past 1 month of the issues, there has been almost 200 problems, ranging from 15 minutes to almost 5 hours, obviously I couldn't record them all because im at work and such. But damn that is alot!

Edited by Scroll_Lock88, 25 November 2008 - 09:15 PM.

#29 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:18 PM

For those that are interested in what the problem is

The spikes at the way top are 1000+ ms, halfway is about 500 ms, etc.

Normally it's 50-60ms. Those spikes are every second, sometimes even faster than that.

#30 AssHattery

AssHattery

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:23 PM

wow didn't realize it was such a f*ck show that sucks man if they fix it the free year of service will be nice

P.S. what is that program that you took the pic of? seems pretty neat

Edited by AssHattery, 25 November 2008 - 09:26 PM.

#31 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:26 PM

P.S. what is that program that you took the pic of? seems pretty neat

I won't say what it is because it's staring you in the face

#32 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

I won't say what it is because it's staring you in the face

looks like you usesed Shift+PrtScn...... just a guess... :>.<:

#33 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:19 PM

looks like you usesed Shift+PrtScn...... just a guess... :>.<:

Wow, just wow

#34 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

I use alt + F4 for screenshots

#35 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

I take a picture with my camera.

#36 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

Update, yesterday had relatively no problems. Today, it's back to where it was............. Giving them the benefit of the holiday week. So I'll wait till monday to give them a swift kick in the ass.

#37 W@@DST@CK

W@@DST@CK

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:02 AM

Dude Scroll_Lock Man i feel the pain my internet has been starting to get gay lately too!!!! Got to Love the f*cking COMCASTIC BULLsh*t :malace:

Edited by W@@DST@CK, 03 December 2008 - 04:02 AM.

#38 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:15 PM

Dude Scroll_Lock Man i feel the pain my internet has been starting to get gay lately too!!!! Got to Love the f*cking COMCASTIC BULLsh*t :malace:

Was on the phone today regarding the issue so now they are sending a tech out with a new modem..........

#39 Unlikely

Unlikely

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:57 PM

That blows bros :tdown:

I'd totally give you some of my internets if I could.

#40 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:19 PM

They put a rush order on the service call and he just got done here. Replaced EVERYTHING modem, cables, fittings, fittings at the box, cables in the box, etc.

Was doing it hardcore when he first got here, now it's running just fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users