• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

Finally got everything situated and my heatsink installed, as per request by a few others, the pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Core 2 Duo e7200
6 gb ram
Geforce 9800GTX+
f*ckton of harddrives

#2 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:58 PM

Good-looking machine man, but for the sh*t-load of money you threw into that machine, shoulda gone with one of the newer GTX200 series. Still, beats the f*ck out of my machine :tup:

#3 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

Good-looking machine man, but for the sh*t-load of money you threw into that machine, shoulda gone with one of the newer GTX200 series. Still, beats the f*ck out of my machine :tup:

It runs games decently enough, not really looking into splitting edge performance. The 4870's i had previously was a experiment :D

#4 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:36 PM

You could use that thing as a goddamn spotlight. I'm sitting here and the tiny blinking light on my mic is pissing me off. Nice rig though.

#5 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

Those upside down motherboards still always throw me off. I loved my Tuniq, it was the best cooler out at the time and is still only trumped by a few coolers slightly. Only thing was it was SOOO massive. Is there a reason you didn't turn the Tuniq 90 degrees to Exhaust/Intake out the 120mm fan right next to it? I did that change and it made a good 5 degree difference. Especially if you're Tuniq's intake is coming from the Video Card's back.

Whatever happened to you're 4870's?

PS cover those PCIx/PCI slots with covers, it helps with dust ;)

#6 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

Well, I can't turn it, the MSI P7N has a rather tall northbridge cooler and if I rotate the heatsink it doesnt fit :( Not a problem though, as it is running damn cool. Alot better than the retail HSF I was running.

I just got done putting the motherboard in and turning it on, so I didn't replace the slot covers yet.

I got the 4870's sold, same price as I paid for them, I like buying things and trying them out for sh*ts and giggles.

#7 (NamEless)

(NamEless)

i Suck pp woob woob!!!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:28 AM

TuniqTower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah! :weee:

#8 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:07 AM

b*tch'n nightlight. now the wh*re's you drug and kidnap will be able to escape easier.

#9 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:26 AM

imo UV > faggy blue light

#10 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:01 AM

Picture w/ the light off would be awesome.

#11 Haven

Haven

This bacon is stinky

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:07 PM

"wiring job leaves much to be desired"

-___________-

#12 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:59 AM

"wiring job leaves much to be desired"

-___________-

If you can find a better way to hide the amount of cables I have in my case go right ahead, I'm not buying SATA DVD Burners as the IDE ones I have work just fine, the SATA cables looping around the heatsink and up to my SATA controller card cannot be moved because the back of the case only has limited space for cabling. Also, the front panel headers are stressed to their limit looping up to the top like that. So yes, I have reached critical mass in terms of cable management. And I'm not going to put cable sleeves on it because I upgrade on a monthly basis.

#13 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:14 PM

yeah that case isn't made for cable management.

you might want to do something about all of those open slots in the back; you never know what can fall in to your case..

#14 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:46 PM

yeah that case isn't made for cable management.

you might want to do something about all of those open slots in the back; you never know what can fall in to your case..

I did a complete strip of the case to clean every last nook and cranny, and the pictures were taken before I put every small piece back in :P

#15 Haven

Haven

This bacon is stinky

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:55 PM

If you can find a better way to hide the amount of cables I have in my case go right ahead, I'm not buying SATA DVD Burners as the IDE ones I have work just fine, the SATA cables looping around the heatsink and up to my SATA controller card cannot be moved because the back of the case only has limited space for cabling. Also, the front panel headers are stressed to their limit looping up to the top like that. So yes, I have reached critical mass in terms of cable management. And I'm not going to put cable sleeves on it because I upgrade on a monthly basis.

Sheeeeesshhhhh
Was just poking at you, sowwie......ysosrs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users