4 replies to this topic

#1 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:23 PM

Been happening since I built my computer christmas day. If I play a game for a while, everything will freeze and I'll get a BSOD saying "IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS"

I've tried google, but they keep saying reload nvidia drivers, etc.

I know Chris has a history with BSOD sh*t, maybe some help nigra? :P

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:33 PM

update drivers and check for conflicts.

I had some irql_not_less_or_equal's that didnt produce an error message, the bad drivers were Securom from gta4.

#3 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

Been happening since I built my computer christmas day. If I play a game for a while, everything will freeze and I'll get a BSOD saying "IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS"

I've tried google, but they keep saying reload nvidia drivers, etc.

I know Chris has a history with BSOD sh*t, maybe some help nigra? :P

Yeah, 90% of the time that's bad drivers. Remember, if you're using an operating system based off the NT Kernel (2000, XP, Vista, 7), the only time you should see a BSOD is if you have driver problems or hardware failure.

In Windows 2000 and XP, you might also encounter a BSOD if a driver crashes. In Vista and 7 drivers can recover from crashes.

IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS has happened to me a lot and it's usually video card related, so yeah, uninstall your nVidia drivers and install the latest version. If you get one with the message "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA" it can be related to your RAM or hard drive. I say this because when I had that bad RAM I got both.

#4 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

Yeah, 90% of the time that's bad drivers. Remember, if you're using an operating system based off the NT Kernel (2000, XP, Vista, 7), the only time you should see a BSOD is if you have driver problems or hardware failure.

In Windows 2000 and XP, you might also encounter a BSOD if a driver crashes. In Vista and 7 drivers can recover from crashes.

IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS has happened to me a lot and it's usually video card related, so yeah, uninstall your nVidia drivers and install the latest version. If you get one with the message "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA" it can be related to your RAM or hard drive. I say this because when I had that bad RAM I got both.

I'm using the one of the newer ATI's. So should I replace all my drivers, or just video card?

#5 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:40 AM

update all of them if possible, saves time and usually provides a performance gain as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users