6 replies to this topic

#1 whicker117

whicker117

Lurker

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:26 PM

Hi,

I was playing on the Office server yesterday when I was banned by an admin. I was playing as CT and sniping from longsnipe window. The admin slayed me, claiming that I was camping. I looked at the clock, and 45 seconds had elapsed so I decided that his slaying me was reasonable and that I would make sure to get out of longsnipe much earlier next round. He then explicitly stated that there was no camping allowed. The next round, I still wanted to snipe terrorists going garage at the beginning of the round, so I proceeded up to longsnipe window. Before I could even get in position, I was slayed again. The admin stated that just being in longsnipe counted as camping, even if it was for less than 5 seconds. He then stated that camping was a bannable offense, and banned me. I must admit that I think it was slightly unfair that I got banned. I honestly didn't know that just being in longsnipe counted as camping. That had never happened to me before in 6 months of playing on this server. I wish the admin had clarified and given me a chance to rectify my mistake, because I would have. Instead, I was banned immediately. I apologize for unwittingly going against the admin's will and I will do my best in the future to understand and comply with the demands of the admins. Please consider my request. My steam ID is STEAM_0:1:13100824

Thank you.

Edited by whicker117, 09 February 2009 - 10:28 PM.

#2 vet.mad hatter

vet.mad hatter

the real hatter

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:43 PM

I must say the past 2 unban request have been the best i have ever seen, well done.Hopefully it was only a temp ban and the admin that did it, speaks on how it went down.

#3 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:26 PM

Decent unban post, but yeah, sitting in sniper rooms is generally a no no, especially with a scout..

If you run through it, that's fine, if you run there at the beginning of the round trying to snipe T's that are rushing, that's usually fine too, but if you stay much past that initial bit, you have to expect a slay. (especially if its EVERY round)

It's not something you should be getting banned for, unless you talked back to an admin, if you talked back.... well you have to expect a ban.

I would assume its just temporary, just chill and it should expire, otherwise wait for the admin that banned you to post.

Note: Another thing to be aware of, is if the admin is trying to get everyone to rush, to have fast rounds, so he's forcing everyone to move, camping, even for a little bit, can get you temp banned. (Unless it was shadow who was doing it, which he does every so often, in which case, you're screwed)

#4 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

I was the one who banned you. It was only for a day so wait it out. Don't try to rejoin or the ban will be reset.

Shadow was previously on the server and everyone was expected to rush or they would be slayed. You joined a few rounds after Shadow left and I told you to get out of long snipe. I waited for a few seconds but you didn't move so I slayed you. I then stated that I didn't want to see you go long snipe again but you immediately went there the following round. I slayed you again but you still didn't get the hint because you went there again. Next time listen to the admin - You were lucky it was me!

Edited by MainEvent, 10 February 2009 - 09:48 PM.

#5 WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Recreational Chemist

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:10 AM

Wow these unban requests are becoming very well thought out lately.

#6 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

Been happening alot lately:

This is an Unban Request thread. Bans are strictly between the banned person, any admins, and witnesses to it. All other people should not post in the topics that have nothing to do with them

#7 Duck Secks

Duck Secks

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

Very great story and very well stated and well you should be not banned because you were "un-rightfuly" banned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users