1 reply to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:26 AM

I downloaded this game tonight for kicks after seeing that it had LAN support, was gonna play on hamachi with scroll but my god this has gotta be the worst fucking RTS I've ever seen, this is 10x more trash then Earth 2160 sequel wise, so bad I actually felt like ranting here about it.

it took me a second to realize all you do is construct building after building to pump out some horrible units, and the only way to get more then like 6, is to.... wait for it... BUILD MORE FUCKING BUILDINGS TO BUILD MORE UNITS, without much of an upgrade system, I kind of laughed and thought maybe I was doing something wrong, but no, that's pretty much how its played, whoever builds more shit faster and gets units to the enemy base fastest pretty much wins.

It's not like the game is old either, it got released on Feb 10th, surprisingly enough its like 29.99 on steam, I kinda laughed because that has to be the worst value a low budget game ever, and to top it all off, the game has no replay value, hell I got bored after about 15 minutes, never mind getting through the first campaign.

/rant on horrible game that should of never seen the light of day.

#2 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:59 AM

Hinterland - RPG 'low budget game' on steam...bought it, played it, beat it in about 30 minutes and uninstalled...never played it since. Worst 20 bucks i think ive ever spent.

Was fairly confusing in the begining since your told that your a mayor and a soldier and you start in a feild with one house and a sword; there was no tutorial. But once i figured out how to actually get sh*t moving, which took a surprisingly short time, it was rediculously easy...and repetitve. Oddly enough, it followed the same principle as above...just built buildings so that you could build guys...more buildings = more guys...so you could more easily wipe out the surrounding monsters.

As for perimeter, thanks for the heads up, but Hinterland kinda ruined my hopes for small indie-ish games so im hardly even considerin em...

Edited by EVIL Shenanigans, 20 February 2009 - 05:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users