5 replies to this topic

#1 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:10 PM

We'll long story short my back up pc took a sh*t, I thought it was the power supply but it looks like my processor and mobo are poop now.

Now the problem is my power supp., graphics card, case, and hard drives, are fine but it's a older unit so im still running an agp 1650x pro for the card. The old processor was some sh*tty 1.8 amd so anything will be better than that.

I've looked around for a mobo processor combo and the ones i find are about $180 shipped. But are no name brands and look cheap as f*ck. I'm trying not to spend more than i have too, but at some point it becomes cheaper to just build a new one. So does anyone one know where i can get a agp motherboard/ processor combo that supports ddr2 and isn't crap?

#2 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:28 AM

AGP is shit, just get an older PCI-express card like the 3870 they are around $70 nowadays

Trust me, you'll have a hard time finding a decent AGP mobo and you'll be fucked for the future, just go PCI-express.

#3 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:08 AM

That's pretty much the same scenario I was in. I was on a budget so I was planning to skip getting a new mobo (my current one is AGP) to save the green but I thought f*ck it. Just get PCI-E mobo you jew.

Edited by MainEvent, 22 February 2009 - 08:09 AM.

#4 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

So after some looking around, one of my friends gave me a new mobo and a new processor for free. It was a Intel Pentium E2160 Allendale 1.8GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor with sync and fan, and a ASUS P5VD2-MX SE LGA 775 VIA P4M890. Yes i know it's not top of the line sh*t but it's free and like i said before it's going in my 2nd pc.

Now the only thing I have to buy is a new video card, I found this one on newegg, does anyone have one, or know of a better one to get.

#5 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

try aiming a little higher, maybe this one

#6 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

try aiming a little higher, maybe this one

hell yeah thanks, going to order that b*tch right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users