23 replies to this topic

#1 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

I think this seriously needs to be brought up as a refresher to some of the admins and dedicated members. This post isn't aimed at anyone in particular but it seems necessary given the status of server one lately.

Everyone has pretty much noticed a decline in the activity on server one. The most obvious of which is when you type rank we only have about 600 people who have been on in the last month. This number used to be well above 1,500. The most common excuse is because we changed servers; however, I do not believe this is the only reason.

The first and main reason is that nobody is willing to get the server going. If you log on and it says 0/40 you should join the server. No excuses just join the server. People will come on as long as someone is in there. This is directed at the dedicated members and admins. Once you are on use your friends list and get people to join. Send them invites. It is not that hard and that is what your friends list is for. I am not saying everyone will join on your friends list but a few are going to and they in turn should invite people. Once that happens the puggers will join and it will get full. Today as an example I logged on to an empty server at like 7:30pm central, waited a few minutes for people to join, and then started to send out friend invites left and right to everyone on my friends list and in turn anyone who joined I told them to do the same. The server went from 0 to 25 in about a 20 minutes.

If you are not apart of the BoSS|Gamers steam community then join it and find people you regularly play with and add them. A link to adding me is below.

http://steamcommunit...561197978679242

The second reason has to do more with admins. We need to cut back on the excess slaying, blinding, slapping, etc. If you are unsure if you fit into this category then read the admins rules and posts in the admin section again and watch the older admins. I personally have not HAD, and I stress had, to ban anyone since 1/24/07. Banning people or abusing them for dumbass reasons needs to stop. Don't fucking bait people into a ban and don't fucking get on people because you died 10 seconds into the round and they are still in spawn.

The third reason is about gungame. I do believe gungame is drawing some people away from server 1 but that is not enough to cause server 1 to slow down. We used to have office, dust2, and people in gungame. I am not saying don't play gungame as you will find me in there a lot but you will also find me in server 1 when it is slow trying to get it going again. Priority should go to the office server to get it going first and then to the others.

Fourth reason. Start fucking inviting people onto our website and fucking welcome them. I am so guilty of this but I am trying to post to the new members and make them want to stay. Part of this also has to do with getting on vent as well as the forum. If you have a mic you should be on vent. If you don't have a mic you should get a mic and get on vent. If your mic is broken you should be on vent because at least you can listen even if you can't talk. If you are away from your comp you should idle in the afk channel on vent. Again it is all about showing a sign of activity to get others to get on and stay on.

Fifth reason is because people are playing other games and that is fine if you are bored of counterstrike; however, suggest some new games you would like to see a server for or a the boss community branch into. Shadow is not fucking opposed to getting other people who don't play CSS into this community. Fuck he barely plays CSS anymore. Also we have the resources to put up a server for another game since we don't really use dust2.

My point is

People need to be more active
Priority should go to Office

I would like to hear your replies or excuses about server 1.

#2 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:17 AM

Dear Cleric,

I think the decrease in Office is due to my absence lately. I brought people into the server with my crazy antics and great looks.

I apologize for my recent absence and I will try my hardest to let it be known when I am in server 1.

Yours Truly,
wondergod

#3 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:25 AM

Dear Cleric,

I think the decrease in Office is due to my absence lately. I brought people into the server with my crazy antics and great looks.

I apologize for my recent absence and I will try my hardest to let it be known when I am in server 1.

Yours Truly,
wondergod

I'm sure T-Wayne misses your butt sexs.

#4 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:29 AM

Great message and i agree fully (No, i'd rather not suck your cock, Cleric (for Jack's future commentary)). I do miss the fact that no one seems to be in the office server...even at peak times. I'd join the empty office server(after the move, but before this post) and hang around a bit...but i'd quickly get bored of practicing the tier jump (front courtyard...jumping from the front window railing to the front entrance overhang...hard, but not impossible) and quit. Certainly makes sense...we could invite boss memebers in perticular. We are part of this community, by choice...we should give a sh*t about it...and that goes beyond the forums (i include myself in this...i will earnestly try).

As for the switch, keeping the old server for at least a month after the purchase of the new server might have been wise. For future reference (and not tryin to slight ya shadow), keeping a server around but changing the title to 'Moving to *insert new ip address here*' helps keep the old pubbers around, and thus a constant server activity. If BoSS couldnt afford it or whatever, its fine...not sayin you had to do it, just suggesting. Doubt it will help much at the moment...as Cleric mentioned, we really need to concentrate on keeping it occupied so people notice it when refreshing general servers as apposed to payin attention to their fav's only....

*serious talk when drunk is not 100%...be aware*

#5 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:58 AM

Play on office instead of gungame for a while.

and FYI, we did keep the old server, renamed it to *old*, and anyone in the server would get a message saying goto the new one.

#6 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:24 AM

and FYI, we did keep the old server, renamed it to *old*, and anyone in the server would get a message saying goto the new one.

woot for drunkeness...didnt realize...good call.

#7 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:03 AM

I worded that a bit poorly, I should have said we *kept* the servers for a while, like 20 days or so after we got the new one, I might also add that honestly we only moved because it was a better server all around compared to the old box nearly everything spec-wise got doubled, bandwidth increased by an extra 500gb so it was a win/win for us.

#8 WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Recreational Chemist

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:07 AM

Play on office instead of gungame for a while.

Will do.

#9 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:14 AM

The decline has defly been noticable. I did a check on the server list looking on steam on the steam servers a couple weeks back to see how long it'd take. It's hard to find the server without waiting a couple of minutes; not sure why, with or without filters in place. The fact is that people still play cs; new ppl start playing and veterans play every so often yet people do move on. Lets get some more fanboys on and teach them how to play. Might even go advertise and get banned on some popular office servers :dork:

#10 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:08 PM

I haven't been on as much because I've been catching up on about 20 some missed assignments as I was sick for about 3 weeks and my professors are being generous. College > Counterstrike at the moment but I'll be back in full next week most likely as it is finally my spring break.

#11 vet.mad hatter

vet.mad hatter

the real hatter

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:34 PM

I try to play at least once a day in office,sometimes i join when its empty in the am and still no one else comes in.Honestly i think it has to do with the change but it was a win win for Boss.So eventuality i think we will be back to where we were cause there are so many great people in BoSS.

#12 Snookers

Snookers

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

I'll try and get on whenever i have time, but ive been busy with school and sports. Ill try and get on over the next week since ill be having my spring break then.

#13 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

do i have to come back to cs:s and give all you NigNogs some free kills? eesh :tup:

#14 Julius

Julius

Lurker

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:31 PM

I love you Cleric. Now stop knifing me.

#15 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:46 PM

I concur with wondergod.

#16 Faber

Faber

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:46 AM

yea killian you just want his black ass!!!

#17 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:55 AM

I'm sure T-Wayne misses your butt sexs.

yea killian you just want his black ass!!!

1. This is exactly my point, everyone wants me(my butt sex or black ass), its what filled the server, I'll have to start playing more again.

2. I think I am no longer going to be the "black" man. Jack and Shadow have told me I'm not dark enough and that I'm really Indian, so on that note...who wants a slurpee?

3. Forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm not, or haven't been in school, in years but I believe we have Spring break coming up so hopefully we should get a little boost of traffic during that time.

4. I saw Urijah kiss a black man from Quebec once.

#18 Faber

Faber

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:01 AM

lol @ wondergod..

ps. i want a slurpee and how many party stores do u own?

#19 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

2. I think I am no longer going to be the "black" man. Jack and Shadow have told me I'm not dark enough and that I'm really Indian, so on that note...who wants a slurpee?

that just means we're going to aim for the dot, Habib.

#20 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

4. I saw Urijah kiss a black man from Quebec once.

I'm going to have to avoid Faber now
At least he doesn't live near me...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users