Photo

DEC 7th

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

long way...but come dec 7th I get to take a nice 13 week vacation on paris island,honestly cannot wait :evilgrin:

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

anything in particular that you plan on doing in said place?

#3 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:56 PM

better my life man, trade school was a joke, so I feel the marine corps will give me a chance to possibly learn some skills and to give my life more discipline.
Plus it's something I've wanted to do for a long time now, and I'm not getting any younger.
I've already done my ASVAB and Meps, I'm all sworn in and now on delayed entry because basic is full until Dec, also chose the 3 jobs Infantry, Motor T and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense, don't know when I'll be told what my MOS will be so I'm pretty anxious here.
so yeah as cheesy as it sounds, I just want to actually do something with my life, with my limited opportunity.
and to also blow some sh*t up. hehe :evil:

#4 WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Recreational Chemist

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

Good luck.

#5 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:16 PM

I hope you do not mind scary men with campaign hats 3 inches from your nose screaming your face off. :grin:

#6 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

Mind if i ask what you scored on your ASVAB?

#7 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa... (pause)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA... (pause)
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA... (done)

Seriously bro, you just got f*cked. Unless you choose a specific MOS and have it guaranteed on your contract you could be thrown into any MOS they have available. Usually its 0311 (Basic Rifleman, Read: Bullet Catcher) or 5811 (MP, Read: Glorified Radar Trap) but I've seen people get tossed into being a cook and so on. Those three you selected have the same weight as the three duty station selections you'll make once you get close to finishing up your MOS school, and that's worth about dick all. About halfway through your MCT (Marine Combat Training) they're going to announce your actual MOS and you should have seen some of the faces on the kids with open/semi-open contracts when they got outright f*cked when I was there. Edit: I should say you might get lucky and actually get one of those three, but it all depends on what MOS is currently lacking fresh bodies.

Tomorrow, go to your recruiter and tell them you refuse your obligations unless you get one of those three you feel most comfortable with actually put in writing on your contract. If he says you can't, outright refuse and threaten to get a lawyer involved.

Edited by Halcomb, 23 May 2009 - 12:23 AM.

#8 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

Well good luck.

#9 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

Tomorrow, go to your recruiter and tell them you refuse your obligations unless you get one of those three you feel most comfortable with actually put in writing on your contract. If he says you can't, outright refuse and threaten to get a lawyer involved.

...by the by, takin the asvab and goin to Meps holds no solidarity to the service...neither does that little 'swearing in ceremony' they have you go through while down there. The second swearing in at boot camp is apparently the binding one (which im sure theres some lovely paperwork to go along with it), but you can certainly get out if you need to before hand...and if your recruiter hasnt told you this yet, I'd be very wary of him...

#10 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:14 AM

but you can certainly get out if you need to before hand...and if your recruiter hasnt told you this yet, I'd be very wary of him...

Exactly, the recruiter isn't your friend. You are a number in a quota and the easier he draws you in, the better for him. You need to get what you want out of the military, not what they need from you. Above all bro, just make sure whatever you want is in your contract otherwise you won't get it.

#11 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:29 AM

I don't understand American's obsession with joining the f*cking military. What's the f*cking point?

(Ashbash doesn't count cause he's a jew.)

Edited by MainEvent, 23 May 2009 - 06:29 AM.

#12 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:59 AM

I don't understand American's obsession with joining the f*cking military. What's the f*cking point?

There's 300 million+ of us, sometimes we get tired of just shooting each other and figure we should give it a go at the other nationalities. In reality, we all just want our chance to pull some friendly fire on the French and Canadian troops.

Edited by Halcomb, 23 May 2009 - 08:04 AM.

#13 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

Ashbash is American? Hmm, news to me.... =]

But yea i dont see the point either. The way I see it, 99.9% of the population is going to become someone's b*tch anyway in the work force, so why voluntarily sign up for someone to scream at you to do the same thing.
People think they are patriotic for joining, but its all a scam. Recently people are just joining because it's a guaranteed job, and our economy is sh*t. So people who haven't finished school(and even some who have) do it for the steady job.
I never had the desire to do anything for the country. Maybe I'm an asshole for saying that. But, maybe if we had the opportunity for free education, and free healthcare id have something worth enlisting for.
/endrant

Best of luck to you Gates

Edited by J.Pizzack, 23 May 2009 - 08:07 AM.

#14 Duck Secks

Duck Secks

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:12 AM

Good Luck, Hope you don't need it tho.

#15 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:51 AM

Ashbash is American? Hmm, news to me.... =]

But yea i dont see the point either. The way I see it, 99.9% of the population is going to become someone's b*tch anyway in the work force, so why voluntarily sign up for someone to scream at you to do the same thing.
People think they are patriotic for joining, but its all a scam. Recently people are just joining because it's a guaranteed job, and our economy is sh*t. So people who haven't finished school(and even some who have) do it for the steady job.
I never had the desire to do anything for the country. Maybe I'm an asshole for saying that. But, maybe if we had the opportunity for free education, and free healthcare id have something worth enlisting for.
/endrant

Best of luck to you Gates

You can only use that economy excuse now, if it were a couple of years ago what would you say then?

And on the Ashbash point, I only said that because I knew someone would say, "Why did Ashbash join the Navy then?" So I thought I'd cross that out before anyone started. "=]"

#16 Julius

Julius

Lurker

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:45 AM

better my life man, trade school was a joke, so I feel the marine corps will give me a chance to possibly learn some skills and to give my life more discipline.
Plus it's something I've wanted to do for a long time now, and I'm not getting any younger.
I've already done my ASVAB and Meps, I'm all sworn in and now on delayed entry because basic is full until Dec, also chose the 3 jobs Infantry, Motor T and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense, don't know when I'll be told what my MOS will be so I'm pretty anxious here.
so yeah as cheesy as it sounds, I just want to actually do something with my life, with my limited opportunity.
and to also blow some sh*t up. hehe :evil:

Open contract is really bad in my opinion. You may get stuck with a really sh*tty job that is open because nobody wants to do it.

I'm slotted for Jan 14 San Diego, 03xx MOS.

#17 BlankO

BlankO

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

I don't think anyone really wants to join the military, it's just an easy way out for inner city kids and people that don't have many options like school or a decent job. It doesn't really have anything to do with the economy the way it is now, it's usually the lower class people that end up joining and becoming grunts. I've almost considered joining with a 20k signing bonus (10k when you go in, 10k if you get out).

Wish you luck dude, kick jihads ass

#18 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

for those who showed some support thanks, to the others spouting off non helpful sh*t, f*ck off.

#19 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

Generation Kill scored another fan, have fun in Afghanistan.

^
f*cking rhymed

#20 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:57 PM

haha, nice one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users