28 replies to this topic

#1 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:33 AM

Wow, the PS3's video processor is more powerful than 2 6800 Ultras...this thing is gonna be a monster!!

http://hardware.game..._features_image

#2 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:56 AM

so the ps3 will be more powerful than the xbox360?

#3 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:28 AM

Looks like it. I wonder if either us using the PPU though. PS3 would be more likely as it's coming out a lil later. That could account for the delayed release.

#4 angrybrit

angrybrit

Shinobi of Tina's body

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:48 AM

I am still getting the XBox for DOA4. :dork:

#5 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:55 PM

DoA games dont sell like they used to probably not going to be many more of them......... :19:

#6 secondshadow

secondshadow

BITE ME

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:52 PM

didnt they say they had 3 3.4 ghz processors in the xbox 360 :O or was it 3 processors that make a 3.4ghz output....o well lol

Edited by secondshadow, 18 May 2005 - 07:53 PM.

#7 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:28 PM

Either way the PS3 will still be more powerful. That cell is a MONSTER!

#8 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:28 PM

both of em are gonna be sick!

#9 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:17 PM

its gunna start getting really hard for developers to keep up with the consoles soon they might even start raising prices or some sh*t........ time to empty out ur piggy banks kitties :1:

#10 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:24 PM

ps3 possible price is $500 :33: :malace:

#11 Achilles

Achilles

Lurker

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:52 PM

Read closely to the specs....yes the 360 has 3 processors and yes the PS3 has the Cell processor ( Which is wicked sick by the way! :) ). If you look more closely though, the 360 only has one teraflop......however the PS3 has 2 teraflops (Freakin Amazing!). The PS3 is going to be ridiculous (in a good way of course)! If you guys haven't seen some of the games yet for the PS3, here is a link that you might find useful. Notice that there is a Unreal Tournament 2007!!......isn't that interesting :9:

http://home.btconnec...3-official.html

#12 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:32 AM

everything about the new consoles looks f*cking amazing except the controlers im not quite sure about them they sure as hell look uncomfortable but if they r then they'll just make new better ones like the xbox controler S witch i hated compared to the original one but i have huge hands so the original felt better

#13 secondshadow

secondshadow

BITE ME

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:30 AM

yes wireless controllers....but easy to lose lol

#14 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:40 PM

nintendo's gonna blow them both outta the water!!
you wonder why nintendo hasnt revealed so much.. because its so awesome!!! :1: :tup:

#15 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

nah theyve already admitted that its not nearly as powerful as the other systems

#16 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:09 PM

nintendo's gonna blow them both outta the water!!
you wonder why nintendo hasnt revealed so much.. because its so awesome!!! :1:  :tup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nintendo has realsed enough to show that the revolution is not as powerful as either of the to new ones and also the revolution looks like sh*t its really just time for nintendo to die its long awaited death. nintendos been suckin on marios balls since the day he was born :tdown: :tdown:

#17 secondshadow

secondshadow

BITE ME

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:34 PM

well nintendo has an advantage, seeing what the other companies have released, and sincce their still working on their console, they can still build it to be more powerful, so they can still catch them

#18 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:21 PM

no they cant and wont plz god just let nintendo die for all its sins to humanity

#19 keira

keira

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 01:02 AM

Both are going to be top notch. However, I did read that PS3 is more powerful but yet isn't as easy to use, meaning the PS3 may be more complicated to deal with. Anyhoo, both will have kickass games so I think I'll buy both when they come out! Cheers!

#20 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:54 AM

ps3 may be a little more powerful but not a noticable difference. the xbox 360 will have better games with xbox market where u can listen to music, order movies, brouse the web, and save songs and use it like a stereo. 50 players on xbox live. games like gears of war which infact look better than any pc game out right now. the clancy games are fun but come out on both consoles. perfect dark 0 looks really nice since its taken about 5 years to make the game. ps3 has 7 controllers but only for sports games, i wouldnt want my tv divided into 7 squares. online wont be as big, and their game is killzone 2 and theres an article at ign that says those screens and that gameplay footage 1 arent even real its just a prototype of the game. both consoles are getting quake 4 and battlefield 2 and unreal tournament 2007, and i rather get all 3 of those games on pc. so if i did get 1 of the 2 consoles it would be the xbox360. call of duty 2 comes out on xbox 360 and pc and again i would get that on pc its just a more popualr game on pc. but i would wait until more games are announced and more screens before making a final decision. cause remember xbox360 didnt have a single picture or game announcement a year ago so who knows what ps3 will have bc it still has a year before it comes out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users