19 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:55 PM

We didn't see much. It looks like the new Left 4 Dead will take place in New Orleans, or a city very much like it. The four survivors were all new, and fighting off zombies with chainsaws, among other weapons.

Jordan will be stopping by Valve's booth later in the week, so I'm sure he'll have much more to tell you then!

UPDATE: Valve has issued a press release offering a few more details about Left 4 Dead 2, promising an even deeper cooperative zombie apocalypse thanks to the AI Director 2.0, an updated version of the AI Director found in the original game. The new version will provide even more immersive and dynamic gameplay with the ability to procedurally change weather effects, world objects and pathways, and customize enemies, effects and sounds.

"A large part of how Left 4 Dead became 2008's top-selling new IP on Xbox 360 and the PC was the custom-tailored gameplay made possible by the AI Director," said Valve President Gabe Newell. "With the knowledge gained from creating the original, new technology, and a passionate team, L4D2 will set a new benchmark for cooperative action games."

The game will be "much larger" than Left 4 Dead, with more co-op and Versus campaigns as well as Survival mode maps available when the game releases. Left 4 Dead 2 is currently slated for release on November 17 for the PC and Xbox 360.

#2 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:05 PM

Seems glorious

#3 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:21 PM

Epic Fail. Left 4 Dead just came out last November, and now they are planning on releasing Left 4 Dead 2 this November? That's not a very long life for Left 4 Dead. Lol @ the people who payed $50 for it.

#4 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:31 PM

Wow they gave up on the first one in less then a year. They should have just waited and figured out all this shit before releasing the first one and they wouldn't have to release a second one to compensate for all their fuck ups in the first.

#5 Faber

Faber

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:51 PM

yea i agree with cleric and i think it is too soon for a release.. and btw cleric where have you been?

#6 (NamEless)

(NamEless)

i Suck pp woob woob!!!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:36 AM

wtf? :tdown:

#7 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:42 AM

Epic fail. Too soon after L4D and this doesn't even seem worthy of a full new game... should be DLC or at the very least an expansion pack (at less the cost for a full game). Hell.. L4D doesn't even have all they promised us yet (where's my SDK? :| or did they release it? I haven't been keeping up in the last few weeks with L4D lol)

#8 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

Epic fail. Too soon after L4D and this doesn't even seem worthy of a full new game... should be DLC or at the very least an expansion pack (at less the cost for a full game). Hell.. L4D doesn't even have all they promised us yet (where's my SDK? :| or did they release it? I haven't been keeping up in the last few weeks with L4D lol)

They did release it. However, it is a completely separate tool that you have to download. However, they haven't updated L4D to accommodate any of the new maps. It is suppose to be getting a large update again in June of July to allow for custom maps.

#9 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:40 AM

At this rate I'd rather play Dead Rising. Fail game, imo.

#10 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

Its probably only going to have 2-3 campaign levels with a few more weapons, not worth paying another $50. Valve should try to update L4D before they start making another ridiculously short game. :tdown:

#11 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

woot!! can't wait, hope it cost double the price for half the content!

#12 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

Its probably only going to have 2-3 campaign levels with a few more weapons, not worth paying another $50. Valve should try to update L4D before they start making another ridiculously short game. :tdown:

It will have new campaigns, about 6-7 new weapons and a variety of melee weapons. It will also have some type of new play in addition to campaign, versus, and survival.

#13 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:35 AM

But what could that other type of play even be? They've pretty much covered all the bases aside from surv. vs. surv....which i would honeslty be surprised if they did.

As for the new weapons, watch them be 'too good' and then valve implement updats that dull them and make it hard as f*ck to survive, once again...

#14 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:54 AM

Dead Rising 2 > this faggotry imo, and if I didn't mention it earlier, there is too many black people in this one for it to be a good game.

#15 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

same lame ass weapons aside from them skinning the 1911 with a glock. boring.

surv vs surv could be good. Take a group of white chracters vs a group of black chracters fighting over the last white b*tch on the planet.

Edited by Jack, 03 June 2009 - 06:42 PM.

#16 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:14 PM

Lol, New Orleans.

#17 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:19 PM

I hope one of the white characters is a FEMA employee.

#18 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:24 PM

I hope one of the white characters is a FEMA employee.

don't forget blackwater

#19 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:31 PM

Nah, I like the FEMA player. When a rush comes he could just yell, "THE LEVIES!!111!!!"

#20 funkclown

funkclown

Lurker

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:44 AM

seems like its way to soon but w/e. :whatever:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users