8 replies to this topic

#1 AssHattery

AssHattery

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

Anybody have a non ipod mp3 player that they've liked? Looking to get one and just curious to see if there's any good ones out there.... any help would be appreciated Thanks

#2 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:00 PM

I just got a Creative ZEN X-Fi 8gb for my birthday. Only have had it for a few days but i love it. Most of the reviews i found about it all give it good scores. The only things that i dont like about it is that it only takes a certain video resolution and file type. However it comes with a free video converter.

#3 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:32 PM

Zune Player. Don't get a zune pass or anything like that though as their selection sucks but the quality of the sound is better then any other I have had. I have had mine for over a year and have not had any problems with it.

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:42 AM

also got a Zen, it has some decent battery life on it (I think like 30 hours or so) + you can play videos and it has an expansion slot for another SD card so it kinda works itself out to be a step above some of the other brands.

#5 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:27 AM

zune 8gb and a zune 120gb, love em

#6 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:40 AM

Isn't the Zune HD coming out soon? Maybe worth waiting for. Reason it has to be non-ipod?

#7 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

I have a 30 gig zune (Halo 3 edition, lulz). That thing is great. My friend had (it got stolen today) an 80 gb Zune, and that thing was pretty cool. The touch controls are simple, the interface is nice and you can find your music quickly. The games for it suck but you shouldn't be looking to play games on a Zune anyway.

Isn't the Zune HD coming out soon? Maybe worth waiting for. Reason it has to be non-ipod?

I don't know about the Zune HD...it has a lower screen resolution than the iPhone or iPod Touch, and I don't think that the processor speeds or RAM can match the iPhone. Of course, it is cheaper, but this is Microsoft's first attempt at a touch screen mp3 player, in a relatively new line of products (the Zunes). Comparatively, the iPod line has been around almost...3x as long?

#8 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:14 PM

The games for it suck but you shouldn't be looking to play games on a Zune anyway.

blasphemy! checkers is the motherf*cking bomb son

#9 AssHattery

AssHattery

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

awesome thanks guys seems the creative and zune seem to be the consensus I'll check em out....

and for wondergod im sure the ipod is a good player must be if they sell so many of them but i have to many mac fanboy friends so i won't buy one out of spite.... a few of them went to college for audio\video editing and there professors drilled it into there heads that mac was the only option, and i never hear the end of it.

Edited by AssHattery, 09 June 2009 - 06:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users