8 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

So Since I fucked up and deleted the db and had to redo it, here's a repost / edit of my review for Prototype.

Story: You start off as Alex Mercer, a *prototype* (hurr durr very original guys), you have this disease, which I'm just going to call aids from now on in the review, and your goal throughout the game is to find out who did this to you and kill them, the only way to do this is to consume people which basically grants their entire being to you, including their minds to lead you on your killing quest up the corporate ladder.

When you aren't running around consuming people and stealing their form to gain skills, knowledge of the next guy, and so on, your tossed into the fray to fight other aids victims who sometimes have unique abilities, and you consume them as well to take their aids, because like captain planet, when the balls touch our powers combine to make Super Aids!

The game has one major flaw though, and its just like a young child in a candy store, or a pedophile in the same candy store, its a difficult choice on which path to choose and the game isn't going to let you forget that, you don't want the government to cure you, because you like your powers, yet you want to kill the people responsible? That doesn't even make sense, first off if you can change form to your will, why not just kill the general from the get-go and then control the entire army and bend them to your will.

You run around mindlessly having to kill and consume everybody for the sake of killing similar to an angry emokid shooting up a school because he was always bullied, and honestly in anything longer then maybe a 1 hour session at most, it gets to be a bit repetitive.

granted, its a singleplayer game so pirating it is a very logical option, because only spoiled kids would spend 50 dollars on a game with minimal replay value, as a side note if you do go the piracy route grab the Razor1911 release.

#2 Ahkmed

Ahkmed

DICK RAMM

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

Pretty much agree with all that, the game is fun just to run around for a little bit but gets boring fast. The powers are fun to f*ck around with and grabbing a random black guy, running up the side of the tallest building you can find and throwing him off is always fun. Good game to pirate if you are bored and need something to entertain for a bit but would be a sh*tty buy.

Edited by Ahkmed, 16 June 2009 - 04:53 PM.

#3 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:30 PM

Man I feel bad for the bastards that drop hard cash on these games for consoles...wait, I never feel bad for console fags.

Buy :tdown:
Download :tup:

Edited by Jack, 16 June 2009 - 06:52 PM.

#4 Duck Secks

Duck Secks

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

Buy :tdown:
Download :tup:

Why is the economy in a down turn? Because Jacks to lazy to grab $50 out of his ass and buy a game for once.

#5 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:12 AM

Why is the economy in a down turn? Because Jacks to lazy to grab $50 out of his ass and buy a game for once.

Since the economy is sh*t and I've been cut down to 32hrs a week at work for the last 6 months I can't afford to drop 50 bucks on every new game that comes out. Oh, such a vicious cycle.

#6 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:32 AM

Duck, You're forgetting one thing, not everybody has parents that buy stuff for them.

#7 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

Duck, You're forgetting one thing, not everybody has parents that buy stuff for them.

hahahaha f*ck it, I wouldn't pay for that sh*t anyway hahahaha

#8 Duck Secks

Duck Secks

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:06 AM

Yeah I know, I just wanted to get him back for calling me Monster_f*ck.

#9 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

Yeah I know, I just wanted to get him back for calling me Monster_f*ck.

f*ck you b*tch, don't hate on my rhyming skillz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users