Photo

Don't Even Bother with Modern Warfare 2...

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

lolz, good for them, way to kill it more

#22 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:59 PM

Saw this coming, but IW is just stabbing a dead body now...

http://kotaku.com/53...r-capped-at-9v9

They're capping PC multiplayer at 9v9... WTF!?!

Wow, that's hilarious.

#23 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:48 AM

wtf....

#24 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:24 AM

It's very funny really. These people don't understand the basic concept of trying to sell as many copies as you can, instead of trying to stop the pirating of as many copies as you can.

So lets say (random numbers) CoD 4 sold 1 million copies at $50 and 800,000 copies were pirated, thats $50 million they made still even if it was pirated so much. Now MW2, they made all of these (sh*tty) changes so less people pirate it. Ok, now only 800 people pirate it, yay. Wait, but they only sold 10 copies (realistic number for the pc version by the way), thats $600 they made. Lets compare $50,000,000 to $600. Ah, must be the work of piracy.

Even if they manage to reduce piracy with this game (highly unlikely) It's still going to sell like sh*t, and in the end they'll make way less money, blame piracy and stop developing for PC (no big loss there), like Epic.

#25 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:07 AM

you cannot blame PC piracy because you can pirate shit even easier on consoles (excluding PS3), it's just them forgetting where the CoD franchise originated from (PC), blame corporate whoring.

#26 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:36 AM

That's exactly what I'm talking about.. They make these idiotic choices, and when their game tanks, they blame PC piracy. What they should do is try to make the game as good as possible so it sells more, instead of trying to figure out how to make people stop pirating less.

#27 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:06 AM

I found the real PC box art:

Posted Image

#28 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:11 AM

PC gaming is in a sad state at the moment.

#29 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:18 PM

Meh, that sucks. What a bunch of idiots.

#30 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

Yea, seems like developers are getting a lot more money off console fags. So they spend all their time on making sh*t appeal to the console fags and throw PC gamers the scraps.

#31 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

Hell, throwing scraps wouldn't even be as bad as what they did. Its the same f*cking thing as MW1 pretty much, and they have all the code right there (for dedi servers, etc)... they wrote it! They went to the trouble of dumbing it down on purpose.

#32 KiMBo

KiMBo

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:58 PM

who cares anyways, CoD is way too easy on pc. I played ONCE and i went like 60-3.

I'll probably get this game for the 360, though.

#33 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:04 PM

LAWL!

#34 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:15 PM

More insult to injury is that the sound cuts in/out on the loading screens. As of yet there is no known fix but to make it stop you have to move your mouse around? It works strangely enough, if i dont move my mouse during loading the sound cuts in and out, if i move it in circles it plays back fine? Sounds to me like some type of memory leak or cpu utilization bug of some sort.

Nice testing there guys, tried it on 4 different machines, XP, Vista, and windows 7 machines, all have the same problem. Ran it with realtek HD audio, creative X-Fi, Audigy 2/3/4, and a few off brands. All have the same issue, can't tell me that they didnt encounter this during testing of the game? Oh wait, yeah they probably did little to no testing of the finished product and threw it on the production line.

Probably had a single type of machine they did playtesting on which was probably some 4000$ super rig and had no presence of mind to test it on a variety of hardware to make sure sh*t worked.

#35 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

Played it at my friend's house on his xbox 360.

IMO, the multiplayer is WORSE than the first one because everyone in that game is an ass, the weapons are unbalanced (like always), and the perks are unbalanced (bling, anyone?)
I preferred CoD4, because the game was SIMPLER and more balanced (besides the Barret)

Other Thoughts:
The menus are UGLY, looks like a sh*tty flash game's menu
The graphics have not been changed at all
The maps are too small/repetitive. At least in CoD4 the maps were big enough to get out of your spawn

For consoles, this game is okay, but for PC (where CoD was born), this game phails.

#36 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:21 PM

Lol Scroll...

The story is retarted, although some of the sequences are fun.

I like the part (read: laugh at) where you have to get to the roof to light the flares. Why the hell would they carpet bomb the city if they thought it was nuked??? If it was nuked, there would be nothing left to carpet bomb.... And the whole thing with lighting the flares: they said that if the building is still under American control, light the flares on the roof so they don't carpet bomb it. What's to stop the Russians from lighting the green flares on the roof (to not get carpet bombed)?

The last level is awesome though... epic music during the boat chase...

Def not a buy though

#37 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:00 PM

honestly, this game has the worst singleplayer experience out of all of the Call of Duty games, its so lackluster.

you're correct though, nothing was changed from CoD4, the graphics are the exact same and the guns are imbalanced but I only wanted to play the singleplayer bit anyhow and since I've already done that it's now uninstalled.

btw, I was playing it online for an hour with cracked steam and there is honestly a ton of cheaters already on it, with somebody using an aimbot, the round ends in like 5-10 minutes when they drop the nuke, which is hilarious because nobody can kick these people off, because nobody has admin on a server, so it's just epicfail.

I really feel sorry for anyone who has bought this game in the hopes that it would have fun multiplayer aside from the lack of dedicated servers.

#38 Snookers

Snookers

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

original call of duty was the sh*t...

#39 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:45 AM

My friends bought it for me and sent it to me over steam. If you think of the game as an expansion pack to cod4 with no dedicated servers, it's decent. The iwnet is bull, it's meant for kiddies who don't have any clans/communities or even groups of friends they belong to, so they just can instantly find games. Luckily my friend has great internet and a good computer, so he is always made host, no lag yet. Also, I haven't seen any hackers yet, but it's only a matter of time, I probably have just had good luck.
EDIT: http://www.gossipgam...-after-release/
Funny

Edited by Killian, 17 November 2009 - 01:58 PM.

#40 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:00 PM

Well that didn't take long. :evil:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users