Photo

Champions online

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

so I was watching this game for awhile, looking for what I would hope would be another casual mmo to kill time with...and well this game is not it.
I played city of heroes for awhile before I succumbed to the WOW virus, and I enjoyed it, but after reading some of the features this game seems more geared towards what I was looking for in a super hero MMO....man...was I wrong.
Of course I decided to be a cheap ass and download and play this 2 days free because of halloween and some new thing they have going on....and well the patch process alone took about 8 hours, many many other users experienced the same problem I had, and I guess it's also been an ongoing problem with their patches.
Also the patch client crashed 2 times before the patch even finished downloading, and to make matters worse, it would start from 0% and re-download the whole thing.
The Customization of the characters is up there with COH, and the number of classes, and the option to kinda build your own class....sort of like oblivion.
So I make the character and have to play through this tutorial, like everyone else, it was kinda bland but it had its moments of fun, and when the time came for me to continue onward to save Canada from the ice demons and the undead, I boarded the helicopter to bring me to Canada....and.....crash.
So I thought hmm, maybe this was another fluke, so i restarted the game, started the whole scanning to make sure no new patch files and then crash again.
Crash after crash after crash, I finally said f*ck it, un-installed and decided to troll around in the forums, and guess what? This has been a semi common, now even more common problem with the game.
The game just launched about a month ago and it cant even keep it's servers up without crashing...it's just crap, pure crap, the short time I played it was fun, but the polish just is'nt there, and these guys really should not have rushed the game out like this.
I would def not recommend to anyone, unless of course you make a drinking game of whenever the game crashes you do a shot....within the first 10 minutes you would be very smashed.

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

Welcome to the world of MMO's.

I've stopped caring for all of them in general because they are just time-sinks, its fun for a week or two, after that it goes downhill very fast no matter how they do it, the only MMO that kept me entertained for long periods of time was Eve, but even that died down when things started getting changed and broken.

I can't ever really see myself playing another one unless it has enough content to keep me busy without grinding.

#3 AssHattery

AssHattery

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:33 AM

most mmo patchers are fail i highly suggest getting the patches for any mmo at fileplanet or some site like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users