pretty awesome, worth the bandwidth

#2 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:28 AM

Has anyone had any experience with the xbox version of this? My roommates ps3 version is a bit laggy (so I expect the 360 to lag as well), and I would prefer not to waste money on a sh*tty version of an awesome game.

#3 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

I have only heard that the console versions of this game are crap.

Only version worth picking up is PC.

#4 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

liked it...devs really need to get together to patch the f*ckin thing though (nothing wrong with the gameplay, really...just people coming back to life through the story and what-not)

And yeah, no-no for the console fags...

#5 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

I played v1.1 and had no issues. I got the reloaded one, you must have gotten the fail steam one. Now on to borderlands and the sabateur.

Edited by Jack, 21 December 2009 - 06:14 PM.

#6 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

neg...bought a hard copy. Updated to v1.1 before i even started a game, too. It all just depends on how you play - (possible spoiler example:) theres an encounter with one of Loghains lackeys (female) with about 12+ other hostiles; you can agro them all and then noticeably kill her (i.e., decapitate her) but then die/fall-down to the onslaught of all the other guards she had...you will then *wake up* in a dungeon, escape, etc. etc. etc...and then meet the same damn female lackey later on down the plot road...with her head intact and clearly 'alive'. Thats just one of many immersion-shattering examples i can list from my single play-through...

#7 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:01 PM

neg...bought a hard copy. Updated to v1.1 before i even started a game, too. It all just depends on how you play - (possible spoiler example:) theres an encounter with one of Loghains lackeys (female) with about 12+ other hostiles; you can agro them all and then noticeably kill her (i.e., decapitate her) but then die/fall-down to the onslaught of all the other guards she had...you will then *wake up* in a dungeon, escape, etc. etc. etc...and then meet the same damn female lackey later on down the plot road...with her head intact and clearly 'alive'. Thats just one of many immersion-shattering examples i can list from my single play-through...

lol i killed that b*tch and her guards, stole their loots, then went back to the other estate where the queen was waiting. Set your combat tactics right. I did the whole game with my warrior and allistor using health pots at >50% then the old mage b*tch healing herself and the other mage chick and set those squishy b*tchs at ranged. The loot in locked boxes aren't really worth keeping a rogue in party. If i thought something in there was worthwhile I went back later with one.

Edited by Jack, 21 December 2009 - 07:03 PM.

#8 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:14 PM

lol i killed that b*tch and her guards, stole their loots, then went back to the other estate where the queen was waiting. Set your combat tactics right. I did the whole game with my warrior and allistor using health pots at >50% then the old mage b*tch healing herself and the other mage chick and set those squishy b*tchs at ranged. The loot in locked boxes aren't really worth keeping a rogue in party. If i thought something in there was worthwhile I went back later with one.

Anyway, considering that game allowed me to waste about 22hrs of my life, I'm glad they're already working on the sequel.

#9 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

Are they now? There definitely working on pricey DLC's for the game...and sequels are certainly to be had in the future, but I'd be surprised if they're already working on it. I mean, Biowares working on the DLC's for DA:O, finishing up Mass Effect 2 and any DLC's with that, starting Mass Effect 3, working on The Old Republic...figured there plate is pretty full atm.

As far as that fight, though, I actually surrendered it...just transports you to the dungeon from which you can easily escape, and the queen can just walk out free without the stupid b*tch knowing. Later found out through the forums about that bug...and how she apparently drops a kickass 2handed sword...and through the use of the bug, you can get two. ...and not to say i couldnt kill em all, i just didnt want to go through the trouble...hell, my PC was a lvl 19(+/-1) dual wielding warrior at that point; f*ckin unstoppable.

#10 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:02 PM

It's a good game, problem is I don't think it has much replay value. Besides being able to have super gay sex, it gets kinda bland.

#11 Ahkmed

Ahkmed

DICK RAMM

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:39 AM

It's a good game, problem is I don't think it has much replay value. Besides being able to have super gay sex, it gets kinda bland.

I made an extremely ugly gay black dwarf to play to that part for the lulz but I got lazy and quit before I got that far.

Edited by Ahkmed, 22 December 2009 - 12:40 AM.

#12 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

Shennagins is bad luck. I restarted as a rogue and after killing the bandit leader on the bridge before the villiage I went back to get the quest off the dead templar and the bandit had sprung back to life with 0hp...after 5 minutes I had to reload because he couldn't be killed.

#13 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

And the fun begins! :20: Tried to argue my point on their forums. Freakin fanboys flamed me to hell, sayin that countless bugs are to be expected in such a large game. Didn't listen to my point sayin that Bioware should have tested it more before release...*sigh*

Just wait for the Lelliana romance to be impossible to trigger because she likes you too much, and your goody-goody squad mates to disapprove of you making goody-goody decisions (but not the 'correct' unknown goody-goody decision that is accessible through only a single line of dialogue), or when you kill off Alistar at the end only for him to come back during the epilogue...let the fail-train begin motherf*ckers.

#14 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:05 PM

And the fun begins! :20: Tried to argue my point on their forums. Freakin fanboys flamed me to hell, sayin that countless bugs are to be expected in such a large game. Didn't listen to my point sayin that Bioware should have tested it more before release...*sigh*

Just wait for the Lelliana romance to be impossible to trigger because she likes you too much, and your goody-goody squad mates to disapprove of you making goody-goody decisions (but not the 'correct' unknown goody-goody decision that is accessible through only a single line of dialogue), or when you kill off Alistar at the end only for him to come back during the epilogue...let the fail-train begin motherf*ckers.

Lelliana, I didn't even bother picking up that dense skank this time through. I did however get the drake skin and dragon bone plate armor made, it's teh bomb. Morrigan ftw yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users