5 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:03 AM

Bioshock 2 is hitting the shops packed with DRM. The game appears to use SecuROM and comes with a five-machine activation limit.

2K Games has no problem telling its users about this. According to a note posted on its official forum "BioShock 2 is using a standard Games for Windows Live activation system, much like other games you have played in the past."

This means that you do not always have to be online to play or save the game—you can create an offline profile for the Single Player portion of the game. 2K was using SecuROM only as a disk check method for the retail copy of BioShock 2. That is its only use, the site said.

However there is a small matter of limiting the disk use to five machines. Ironically if you want to avoid much of the DRM you can actually download the game from Steam.

if you do plan on buying it, use a crack to remove this lol-worthy protection.

#2 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:13 AM

More than likely I'll do the same thing as last time, pirate the game and enjoy it so much I'll buy an actual copy. Burning the d/l'd copy of coarse, on that off chance that I'd like to play it again way on down the line and not run into any drm f*ckery.

#3 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:34 PM

BioShock_2-Razor1911

yay.

#4 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:37 PM

Win..

#5 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:00 PM

The razor 1911 one crashed a few times on me, i'm trying the reloaded release.

#6 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:51 AM

the razor 1911 version works fine....just need to also download the missing files, looks like they forgot some things....
The newer uploads have all the files though, and game works fine, except for one bug where it kept playing the battle music when the little sis is gathering adam, had to make it to the next area before it would finally stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users