12 replies to this topic

#1 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

Is way better than I thought it would be, campaign specificly. The only gripe i have is that you gota log into bnet when you start the game, its for achievments and crap but no problem. Not gonna spoil any details but damn if ya like the first one, ur gonna love the second one. I give it a 9.5 thus far.

#2 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:27 AM

Fun as sh*t, single player and multiplayer definitely pretty damn fun.

#3 Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus

Hermit

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:29 AM

I heard so many negative reviews from people
complaining about no lan, and having to be online
constantly to even play single player. It made me
laugh. I'll probably end up grabbing it when I find
some money Posted Image.

#4 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

Tried the Beta a month back and was supremely let down. It felt dumbed down from Star Craft, which is saying a lot. Blizzard basically made it a battle of micro management of units instead of tactics. Send these units here and these here, quickly switch back and use this ability, now move these units in to use this ability. WAY too focused on ability management based combat.

Basically a battle over who can use hot keys fastest and click around the screen.

Will play through the single player for the story (Let's face it, Blizzard does have [Or maybe had, I'll find out after the single player of Star Craft 2.] amazing writers.), then back to the game that deserves the SC abbreviation for my RTS fix.

#5 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

I heard so many negative reviews from people
complaining about no lan, and having to be online
constantly to even play single player. It made me
laugh. I'll probably end up grabbing it when I find
some money Posted Image.

The whole no LAN thing people need to shut up about. It makes it so pirating the game is much harder, seeing as to play even the single player you have to run through bnet. They make more money by removing lan, forcing people to buy the game. I would be worried if Blizzard wasn't looking to make money, seeing as it's a publicly owned company, they would kinda letting down their shareholders, lol.

#6 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

I bought SC2 for the capmgain mostly, not to wowed about multi, even though i havent tried it yet, multi is nothing but whoever can click the button faster.

#7 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

I'll pass.

#8 AssHattery

AssHattery

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:39 PM

60 bucks is too much

#9 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

Played a bit through the single player campaign so far. It's not bad, the upgrade system keeps things interesting.

Adding onto the upgrade system I see a lot of potential for some interesting custom games on multi, though I think regular multi and competitive multi is pretty much crap.

Maybe some years down the road when the 3 games are out and cheap I'll plunk down the cash.

#10 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:50 AM

You can play offline 'Guest' mode which allows campaign play, and versus AI.

The game is going to be pirated no matter what, so just throw in LAN play. I mean there was a crack for SC2 before the game was actually released on tuesday. Granted it didnt allow multiplay but it allows you to play the campaign and vs mode no problems at all.

All in all it was quite fun, finished the campaign on hard as the 'normal' mode was so ungodly easy you have to be a moron to be challenged by it.

#11 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:50 AM

been pirated since the 27th. <-Download linkz, have fun.

and yes That is me that says Hurdur as a note on sc2.

#12 beep beep

beep beep

Journeyman

• Server Admin
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:49 PM

holy sh*t...i totally love you right now..in a very homo way shadow!

#13 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:10 PM

The game itself? awesome. The sh*t Activision encouraged? f*ck sh*tty. Battle.net 2.0 lacks a few things it should, lack of LAN blows, split up into 3 different games sucks.

Still, the game ITSELF is top notch

Tried the Beta a month back and was supremely let down. It felt dumbed down from Star Craft, which is saying a lot. Blizzard basically made it a battle of micro management of units instead of tactics. Send these units here and these here, quickly switch back and use this ability, now move these units in to use this ability. WAY too focused on ability management based combat.

Basically a battle over who can use hot keys fastest and click around the screen.

Will play through the single player for the story (Let's face it, Blizzard does have [Or maybe had, I'll find out after the single player of Star Craft 2.] amazing writers.), then back to the game that deserves the SC abbreviation for my RTS fix.

You realize the hardcore SC1 players say the entire opposite? That it took out the micro management they loved? That's what I see from a lot of the high tier SC1 players. Personally I find it fine.

Edited by Vicious, 01 August 2010 - 11:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users