• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WeApOn

WeApOn

Lurker

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

Had a LAN at my house and an admin banned based on IP address. It was probably warranted for whoever was in there, but I play there often and personally should not have been banned. Not sure if the only way to ban nowadays is by IP, but I personally did nothing and play on the server often. Would appreciate if at least I could be unbanned. Let me know what information I can provide.

#2 Becky

Becky

Combine Soldier

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

Firstly, you need to provide your IP, or else how can we unban you? Furthermore we also need to wait for the admin who has banned to you reply to this thread as to the reason why, therefore you need to tell us when your friend was banned, what he was doing and what his steam name was at the time. Don't lie and say he did nothing because our admins do not ban for no reason.

Becky

#3 WeApOn

WeApOn

Lurker

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Firstly, you need to provide your IP, or else how can we unban you? Furthermore we also need to wait for the admin who has banned to you reply to this thread as to the reason why, therefore you need to tell us when your friend was banned, what he was doing and what his steam name was at the time. Don't lie and say he did nothing because our admins do not ban for no reason.

Becky

Sorry for the delay, my IP is 173.69.7.152.

As for what was going on, I personally don't know. I was hosting a party(not just a LAN party) and there were multiple people playing CS. One of my friends is usually pretty out of line when we play, so I'm sure whatever happened warranted a ban. Not sure if it was a perma-ban or what, but when I went to join the server myself, I noticed I had been banned, so it was certainly by IP address.

My friend usually acts like a troll on most of the servers we play on, but I would have never encouraged any behavior like that on a server I often play on.

If there's anything else I can provide, please let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users