#1 pǝzɐp

pǝzɐp

Lurker

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

pǝzɐp
STEAM_0:1:17507412

Was playing on BoSS's 24/7 office server yesterday and I had to go afk, came back and saw I was randomly banned for over 1000 minutes.
Mind telling me why I was banned? Checked the console logs and didn't see a reason why.

#2 Stoned Hatter

Stoned Hatter

The Stoned one

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

well was the server full when you went afk ???? we have a problem with people going afk or just being afk the whole time their on our servers when i was admin over the years i would give out a 5 min - 30 min ban sometime as high as a hour or so to prove a point if your on our servers and you are goins to be afk or spectate just leave we only have 24 people avail to play at a time and it is bullshyt to have to wait 30 mins to get in them to find 45% of the people not even fu*king playing i say you got what you deserve

#3 pǝzɐp

pǝzɐp

Lurker

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

well was the server full when you went afk ???? we have a problem with people going afk or just being afk the whole time their on our servers when i was admin over the years i would give out a 5 min - 30 min ban sometime as high as a hour or so to prove a point if your on our servers and you are goins to be afk or spectate just leave we only have 24 people avail to play at a time and it is bullshyt to have to wait 30 mins to get in them to find 45% of the people not even fu*king playing i say you got what you deserve

Thanks for the unhelpful reply, maybe instead of raging at me you coulda said something helpful but nope.

This is the first time I've went afk on the server for more than five minutes, if that deserves a ban for more than a day then that is absolutely retarded.
And 30 minute wait? Haha no the highest wait ive had for this server so far was 3 minutes.

#4 GENTLEMEN!

GENTLEMEN!

Lurker

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

If the ban wasn't a perma, don't worry about it. It'll be over eventually and you can come back. If you're in the server, stay and play. If you gotta leave for more than the time left in the round hop into spec or disconnect if it's going to be awhile. I understand Stoned's feelings on this one. It is frustrating as all get out to have to wait forever to get into a sever with no one actually playing. Moral of the story: Don't go afk.

#5 Stoned Hatter

Stoned Hatter

The Stoned one

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

if you have only hade to wait 5 mins to get in you my friend are one lucky bastard

#6 Urban

Urban

Lurker

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

^^^
Seriously. There were a few times ive had to wait 10-15mins to get into the server because of 3+ people going AFK. Sucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users