28 replies to this topic

#1 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:39 PM

I just bought battlefield 2 earlier and installed it. I think its alright. Not the best game but not the worst. Post your opinions on the game if you have it. :tup:

#2 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:19 AM

i lvoe the game. i never had 1942 or vietnam so i guess thats why i like it so much. shooting games are the only games i play, and modern military realistic games are my faveorite. im not that good at it yet, and its a little laggy but a patch and some practice oughta turn this into my faveorite game besides css.

i give it :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: up

#3 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:16 AM

i just dont like the fact that most of the maps are too big for a 64 ore 32 person server. You spend most of the time trying to find a vehicle to get to the enemies. Most of the time you end up running to the next enemy checkpoint just to be killed by some f*cking helicopter. I hardly ever get to actual have a firefight with someone face to face. I prefer the good ol' two teams run towards each other and then shoot the sh*t out of each other type games. No helicopters or dune buggies involved.

#4 angrybrit

angrybrit

Shinobi of Tina's body

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:36 AM

I love it. :20:

I need a better card though. The box says 5700+ and I have a 5200. :malace:

Next purchase is an NVIDIA 6600GT. :muaha:

#5 Locke

Locke

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:36 AM

nvidia = crap! get an ati!

#6 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:47 AM

I have come to this conclusion on the whole who is better Ati or Nvidia thing. Its a video card and the more money you put into it the better it is gonna be. The two are always gonna compete and release new cards right after one another. Sometimes one company is better than the other sometimes their not. There isnt really that much difference between the two. They do exactly the same thing. They make our games look better. Right now it doesnt even matter anyways because most of our processors our bottlenecking the cards we already have. So I am not gonna take sides with either company. I am just gonna buy the card that i think would work better. Sometimes that might be Ati. Sometimes that might be Nvidia. Who Knows? :tup:

#7 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

guys i played it today......its sh*t..i wud be bored in 1 night playing that game

#8 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:32 PM

i dont have the right vc to play it.... i click on it, the screen goes black and then kicks me out to desktop... :tdown:

#9 Riel

Riel

One Scary Fucker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:20 PM

actually i got a 5500 and it works and so does a MX 440-420 if you have the mod to fix it....ATI tends not to work with Battlefield 2. Shadows x800 didnt work to good nor did my 9200 or many other peoples 9600 cards

#10 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:45 AM

howd this turn to a video card forum. battefield 2 to hardware...not working.

#11 secondshadow

secondshadow

BITE ME

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:18 PM

do we still have a bf1942 server?

#12 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:30 PM

No we don't. And from the looks of it we won't have one for bf2. Which is fine with me. The game isn't good enough to get a server for it.

#13 tonytnnt

tonytnnt

Lurker

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:48 PM

I'm pissed because of EA's bloatware tactics. It's not graphically impressive at all. The only thing impressive about it is how well it runs 64 players. Otherwise, it's just Desert Combat with some cool improvements, but not enough for me to spend $200 ($50 for game, $150 for decent video card which I'd have to replace in December anyways -- I plan on upgrading my system at that time, and AGP doesn't fit into that picture.)

#14 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

i dont know what your looking at if you believe that this game isnt graphically impressive. if you have a good enough machine to run it, the graphics are crazy. i however, do not have this system :1:

#15 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

yeah i went all out and bought the best to make a nice computer last august. it was my first computer so i went all out on it. it runs bf2 so beautifuly. i never played bf1942 or vietnam so i dont know what everyone i complaining about, but i like bf2. its a little buggy and the stat system sucks but that has nothing to do with the over all game.

#16 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:19 PM

the game itself looks pretty good. its the sh*t that happens in the game that sucks. Like the fact that i can shoot a guy in the face like 10 times and he kills me first. Then i shoot another guy in the leg like 5 times and i kill him. What the f*ck man. That and the before mentioned finding a vehicle to navigate the huge ass maps when all these other dumbasses hop in them and drive off by them selves. Other than that its alright. Ive played it for a total of like 2 hours and i bought it like 3 days ago. I just keep going back to counterstrike. that should say something.

#17 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:51 PM

yeah counterstrike is always going to be my faveorite game. its so addicting and i always come back. i have never played a game for so long, meaning ive had the game since november and i play it more than ever. no game has ever lasted me more than a couple months.

i wish the spawn points and bases were lebeled on bf2 that way you could say we need help at C, instead of we need help in the lower right center base or something crappy like that. or maybe a grid that way you can really narrow it down such as, theres a sniper in D5. and that would give everyone a 10 square foot area of knowledge. :tup:

#18 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:37 AM

Yea, I just bought the game. It would be better if it would be more like Counter Strike. Also, if the damn aircraft were easier to fly. I dive down faster than I can pull up. Seriously, wtf.

#19 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:17 AM

yeah the flying really takes some getting used to. its hard and then once you figure it out its the easiest thing. the only thing i have trouble with is landing but i never really need to. shooting down things is fun but shooting down another jet, that takes skill-a skill i dont yet have. i dont like flying though. im the average joe. i just run around shooting people.

#20 secondshadow

secondshadow

BITE ME

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:43 PM

u kno boss started out as a bf1942 clan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users