17 replies to this topic

#1 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 04:47 PM

Although I have to admit Sony having a powerful engine this year, I personally think Xbox is gonna take it all around. First, the games for Xbox, now taking most of the major companys to their side (and owning Rare now) will be badass. Sony no longer has the exclusive deal with rockstar. Also, the Xbox will have the extras. On one of the latest (not THE latest but close) issues of OXM talked about how the system will be completely wireless out of the box. In the same issue, it showed the remote, which is what convinced me. You can utilize other machines (VCR, DVD, ect.) with the remote and bring up your XBL friends list with one button, and, my favorite, a power button on the remote. No more getting up for ANYTHING! And now.... a list of 5 upcoming games for Xbox Next.

-Perfect Dark With 50 person XBL play. ("Touch me, Jesus" - cShadow)
-The Godfather (complete with an action for choke and beath the sh*t out of an enemy to get what you want)
-Huxley (A FPS MMO for XBL.)
-Quake IV (Classic FPS'rs UNITE)
-Dead or Alive 4 (*Drool*)
Pick up OXM's August issue to see a more complete list of games.

That is all.

#2 babyghost

babyghost

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:04 AM

Wow I just love people who get their info out of mag dedicated to one system. Wonder what would happen if I opened up an issue of psm, what they would have to say about the sony system... Why waste time hypeing one system.. It's too early to know what games sony has in store the system isn't due till next year. Xbox is due out this year they better have something to show. So please stop saying xbox has this game or that game and it rules, you have no clue what other systems have in store... By the way all the new systems are wireless, It's not a stand out feature... It would be funny if sony droped a bomb at this years TGS and shut you all up... Me, I really don't care, I building a new pc to slay them all.....

#3 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:13 AM

Actually, I do. I have a PS2 also and I plan to get that the first day it somes out also. It is just that at E3 Sony only showed what their graphics can do, nothing about games. The thing about Sony is that they have the system but they need some developers who will push the system to its limits. I just dont want to talk about the new nintendo whatever.

#4 ANTHRAX

ANTHRAX

Lurker

• Banned
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:41 AM

Yeah. Although PS3 DOES have a more powerful console there are a couple things one must keep in mind.

- With so much power game makers could spend years and years making it the absolutely best it could be but i bet all of them aren't going to do that. What the xbox360 can support is a good indication of what the first wave of games will look like.

- Microsoft does have the support of most of the large game companies and they got their hands on some japanese RPG'ers which COULD potentially break off a large part of sony's followers.

- From the current reports xbox360 is going to have a cheaper release than the PS3.

- So far, xbox360 has the best UI and other multi-media capabilities along with a fantabulous internet service. Sony SAID their internet would blow xbox live out of the water BUT they don't have any information about it yet so we're still in the dark.

- Halo 3

Keep in mind, part of this is simply opinion. Lots of it is based on unfinalized information. I am biased towards xbox :tup:

#5 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:02 PM

out of the games you hyped, The Godfather is multiplatform and will be on every system you could possibly think of. Quake IV will at least be on PC which i would much rather get it for(and btw Quake was the first FPS i ever played and i played it and beat it over 10 times i loved it that much.) Dead of Alive 4 doesnt look any better graphically then the DOA games on XBox. It does have Perfect Dark to itself which looks sweet.

All these things dont really matter to me anyway, seeing as i plan on getting all 3 of the new consoles.

#6 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:48 PM

The thing I am in love with the most is the remote with the power button. No more getting up to shut off the Xbox, or turn it on, or getting the controller. Now they just need a wireless urinal....hmmmmm.

#7 babyghost

babyghost

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:03 AM

Yeah. Although PS3 DOES have a more powerful console there are a couple things one must keep in mind.

- With so much power game makers could spend years and years making it the absolutely best it could be but i bet all of them aren't going to do that. What the xbox360 can support is a good indication of what the first wave of games will look like.

- Microsoft does have the support of most of the large game companies and they got their hands on some japanese RPG'ers which COULD potentially break off a large part of sony's followers.

- From the current reports xbox360 is going to have a cheaper release than the PS3.

- So far, xbox360 has the best UI and other multi-media capabilities along with a fantabulous internet service. Sony SAID their internet would blow xbox live out of the water BUT they don't have any information about it yet so we're still in the dark.

- Halo 3

Keep in mind, part of this is simply opinion. Lots of it is based on unfinalized information. I am biased towards xbox  :tup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well you are right about one thing, you are biased. And you obviously didn't read what I said. Microsucks has to realese info about developers and games because they are releaseing the 360 this year.. The others won't release any information until at least the end of the year when they are nearing their respective release dates..

As for UI and multi-media capabilities, you have not seen the others but you are declairing 360 the best??? Just wait until you have more info befor jumping to conclusions... :evilgrin:

#8 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:13 AM

I'd rather support American products. f*ck foreign sh*t. although I will probably like the ps3 over the 360 :tup:

#9 Marked Target

Marked Target

Combine Zombie

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:08 AM

I've always loved the Playstation and when Xbox came out, I was skeptical. They do have some good games for it, but I don't think one is that much better than the other.

Microsoft is just trying to get their hands on everything possible, it's kinda ridiculous.

To end all arguments, GET THEM BOTH!! I just hope the Controllers don't get bigger, lol.

#10 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:15 AM

I'd rather support American products.  f*ck foreign sh*t.  although I will probably like the ps3 over the 360 :tup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

shut your 350 pound american ass up, if i see this sort of american Propaganda again you shall be removed instantly and all posts deleted.

#11 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:07 AM

sorry about that. I just get kinda upset about it because all America does is buy foreign products and it screws us and gets us into gay ass wars :tdown:

yea, our president sucks

#12 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:00 AM

Well you are right about one thing, you are biased. And you obviously didn't read what I said. Microsucks has to realese info about developers and games because they are releaseing the 360 this year.. The others won't release any information until at least the end of the year when they are nearing their respective release dates..

As for UI and multi-media capabilities, you have not seen the others but you are declairing 360 the best??? Just wait until you have more info befor jumping to conclusions... :evilgrin:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have seen the others. (Except Nintendo, I just don't care about them) So by "others" I mean PS3. I have a PS2 and an Xbox both. I still think that Xbox 360 is going to beat out the PS3.(at least this year :weee: ) Next year I might change my mind though. That is if Sony somehow pulls a rabbit out of its ass.

#13 Fat Li

Fat Li

Lurker

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:37 PM

Im gonna get a xbox360 over a ps3 cause i only have money for 1. The 360 controller looks so cool and sexy while the ps3 controller looks like a chrome boomerang. Im not saying boomerangs are bad, im saying id rather not controll a game with 1. There are a bunch of other stuff making me lean towards 360 but the most important and final aspect is: Halo 3 > Killzone 2. End of argument. By the way im new so hi ppl!

#14 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:02 AM

I bought my Xbox just because my PC was very old and most of the PC games are also published on Xbox. So I could play them. (I also have a PS2)

I rather wait and see both consoles before having a comment. But I can say this; They both will be impressive on the graphics and sound tech. I believe what is going to make them competitive will be the quality of the games, extras and customer support.

#15 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:16 AM

buying foreign products leads to war, way to talk asshole why dont you stop starting sh*t over oil, honestly I dont ever want to see you showing nationalism here, Ill f*cking stab you up kid... Now go cry and eat your f*cking cheeseburgers you b*tch

#16 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:30 AM

buying things because of who made them isnt the way to go. if im going to spend a few thousand dollars on something i want something nice. i say a few thousand because a console is 300 plus games and controllers over a few years will add up to that. id go by what games come out not who made them.

#17 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:50 PM

buying things because of who made them isnt the way to go. if im going to spend a few thousand dollars on something i want something nice. i say a few  thousand because a console is 300 plus games and controllers over a few years will add up to that. id go by what games come out not who made them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That, and many of the games I buy are japanese made anyway. :tup:

#18 panzey

panzey

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:15 AM

hey i say the x box wins just because it has halo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users