• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 tury

tury

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:25 AM

What are the rules on camping, nade spamming, and generally being f*cktards in the server?

1.) Sometimes people (admins) say it's ok for Terrorists to camp anywhere, some say it's ok for them to camp office only.

2.) Sometimes people (admins) say it's ok for CTs to camp garage, while others say CTs aren't allowed to camp (or hold, whatever you want to call it) anywhere on the map

3.) Nade spamming (aka staying in spawn, buying and throwing nades until the 30 sec buy window is up - usually paired with camping of some sort). Sometimes I see people get slayed because of it, while toerh times I see admins doing it themselves.

4.) Abuse, and/or slating of BoSS members. Sometimes come into the server and b*tch and moan about lag, BoSS being hackers, no flash/awps etc, combined with piss taking or generally being abusive and disruptive to members and pubbers.

what are the official rules?
they seem to change all the time depending on which admin is in the server, so it can be quite hard (and frustrating) for people who play when different ones are on each time.

I like shadows approach to be honest, of slaying anyone remotely camping, spamming or anyone acting a tw*t in the server.

I'm just annoyed at CTs 'holding' (camping) garage with other players (and sometimes even admins) when they have an objective (rescue the hostages, NOT hold garage) and the Ts camping office/long hall when they have an objective (STOP the Counter Terrorists infiltrating the office AND stop them getting the hostages)

#2 NipLick

NipLick

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:44 AM

The BoSS game servers are geared towards a quick death match. With that I mean we don't tolerate people sitting around waiting for an opponent to jump out.

Specifics:
1. CT's may hold the garage in the event of a T rush. If the T's do not rush the garage, CT's have to move in.

2. CT's cannot camp the 2 side rooms if the T's take the garage or for any other reason.

3. Nade spamming is a slay/kick/banable offense being that the CT's are actually camping spawn rather than holding the garage.

4. T's may hold T spawn and projector room but cannot hold the 2 side rooms at CT spawn or Window camp between T spawn and the garage.

Obviously, the objective of the map is for the T's to hold the hostages and CT's to rescue them but since the T's commonly rush the garage instead of holding the hostages, it's only fair for the CT's to hold the garage and push up if possible.

With the amount of admins these servers have, there will be differences in tolerances for these rules and that's something you're going to have to live with.

#3 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:49 AM

Heh.

Holding garage is kinda gay, but then again, it sucks losing when the t's rush. It's hard to complain about objectives when the t's aren't doing their objectives either.

I like to rush either way. Depending on where I spawn, that's the direction that I rush. If I'm closer to garage, that's where I go. If I'm pointing to the office, I rush that way. The map is small enough that you can circle around anyway you want without camping.

When I'm on, I slay campers that are "Hiding". f*ck you if you don't like my definition of hiding either. Hiding is when you wait for someone to come around your corner.

Anyone else that spends a lot of time f*cking around gets slayed too (usually with a warning).

I never really kick or ban people for camping unless its reapetedly or they tell me to get f*cked. So why complain about different admin's tactics? If one admins slaps and slays for camping and another doesn't, deal with it. Really nobody should be camping, EVER. But if an admin is letting people camp in one way or another, that's the way it is.

edit: Ha ha Niplick, I was writing this at the same time as you.

Anyways, I agree with your explanation.

Edited by monster, 22 July 2005 - 11:52 AM.

#4 tury

tury

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:00 PM

I've got no problem with people dealing with the situation differently when they ARE there, but when they aren't you end up with a situation whereby pretty much anything goes, it must be the time i play, because only late at night do i see any admins by then, and everyone is pretty well behaved then.

It would be nice if there were some rough groundrules that you could direct people to, and submit repeat offenders steamid (with evidence, of course) in the event of admins not being there.

#5 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:06 PM

I agree with you Tury, but you have to be realistic.

There are like 25 admins in BoSS. But there is no way we can have 24 hour monitoring. And I doubt Nip and Shadow are gonna read every log file just to see what's happening.

The people that come in and talk sh*t about boss, f*ck with the rules, cheat, etc. are all going to do that until an admin comes in, and that's just not realistic to enforce that all the time.

Then all we would have is a forum full of people pointing fingers and saying that some f*ckers was camping, or some guy was killing the hostages, or whatever.

Trust me, BoSS is MUCH better than all of the other servers out there that have 1 or 2 admins that show up just to see what's happening.

edit: And tury, being on ventrilo is a great way to talk to admins and get them in there to clean things up, if they are available.

Edited by monster, 22 July 2005 - 12:07 PM.

#6 tury

tury

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:26 PM

Sorry lads, I think I worded my sh*t wrong.... I didn't mean that the server should be maintained constantly or anything, or the rules should indeed be fair or whatever.

There are people in the server who would play by the (BoSS) rules, but they simply do no know what they are.

Discussions/flaming/debates/whining happen in the server all the time because of difference of opinion, it would be nice if it was clear once and for all.

I don't give a f*ck what the rules are, if the cts can camp wherever they like, and the ts can't camp at all, that's fine. I just hate the goal posts being moved all the time.

#7 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:17 PM

Pretty much, the admins follow their own interpretations of Shadow's and Niplick's rules about camping and the other stuff. People should just understand that no camping means exactly no camping. That no camping at 9 in the morning will be the same at 9 at night. The rules don;t change, there is no camping. Also, I have learned to type status about every 10 minutes just to have everyone's IP so they can't say sh*t, then leave and change their name and come back. And that's all I have to say about that.

#8 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:13 PM

Yea, well, when I die, which is often, i just type status like every other time. Either way, it works. :tup:

#9 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:13 AM

Your all Wrong, the idea of office is to slaughter one another, that has always been why office is popular, if you want tactics... then by all means go ahead... But I dont see a point in being tactical when all people are meant to do is KILL

#10 tury

tury

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:49 AM

Your all Wrong, the idea of office is to slaughter one another, that has always been why office is popular, if you want tactics... then by all means go ahead... But I dont see a point in being tactical when all people are meant to do is KILL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

when you put it like that.....

#11 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:14 PM

Tury, it means no one should camp, not even T's. Everyone should rush all the time, yea, that'll be the day...a most beautiful day.

#12 tury

tury

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:22 PM

Tury, it means no one should camp, not even T's. Everyone should rush all the time, yea, that'll be the day...a most beautiful day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I always at least try and rush garage or office, but with so many pussies playing that just wanna camp, you get ganked by the horde of 7-8 cts that go/camp either way.

when that happens, i just go ct.

nades vs campers = win.

Edited by tury, 26 July 2005 - 01:22 PM.

#13 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:43 PM

nades vs campers = win.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very true indeed. :tup:

#14 tjhooker

tjhooker

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:42 PM

The most annoying thing too me is when defeater or aziz (an admin) will camp garage on top of the dumpster, I dont see how that in anyway is attempting to get a hostage by getting on a dumpster , you cant even move forward that way

#15 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:51 PM

The most annoying thing too me is when defeater or aziz (an admin) will camp garage on top of the dumpster, I dont see how that in anyway is attempting to get a hostage by getting on a dumpster , you cant even move forward that way

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you read all the posts, youll understand that you sound retarded right now. It is not considered camping. We whether rush the garage or if all people run away like little girls we HOLD garage to try and stop the T rush. If theres no T rush, we go out of the garage. Camping garage means hiding in one of the side rooms.
Get it right.

#16 tjhooker

tjhooker

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:58 PM

Aziz should I take screenshots?, i mean cmon?.. I remember a couple months ago you would do team slays for people being afk in the garage.

#17 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:01 PM

Aziz should I take screenshots?, i mean cmon?.. I remember a couple months ago you would do team slays for people being afk in the garage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:wtf:
man, grow up. take all the screenshots you want, your right. We can stay in garage until Ts are rushing..

#18 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:10 PM

That is true. If they couldn't do that then all the CT's who rush office would get f*cked up the ass. This at least gives the CT's sort of a chance.

#19 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:12 PM

counterstrike is a game. you guys are turning it into CSI.

#20 tjhooker

tjhooker

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:36 PM

cmon aziz , when your on T you constantly window camp and you get on the far back panel and camp there for the entire match if you get a chance...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users