3 replies to this topic

#1 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:01 AM

this problem happened to internet explorer a while ago. i never thought about changing it i figured my cookie settings or security settings were just blocking things. but now firefox is doing the same thing. not at all websites, but some website fail to load all the way. they will list link underlined and will list them one under another so the page is real long and none of the pictures load. like at gamespot.com, its just a list of links, instead of the pictures of games at the top, the top 10 thing at the bottom, etc. at boss, the sigs dont show and the banner at the top just says IPB. when i click it, it just reloads the page. this just happened all of the sudden yeterday. worked fine in the morning. i come home from work, and the internet is like this for some sites. i dont get why its only a few sites tha dont load links, pictures, or banners, ive checked my itnernet settings and firewall settings, and nothing seems to be set any different that would do this. anyone know what the problem could be?

#2 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:41 AM

ok i uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it, and it all works fine now. i feel like a dumb ass because that was simple, but as for ie, thats another thing. i cant just uninstall ie and reinstall that. but i never use it. ie sucks. i just wonder whats causeing the images not to load on ie and why they werent on firefox. i looked in the page source and there were some errors but i dont know much about programming or applications so i didnt mess with it. but firefox is good now.

#3 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:11 PM

well if you look at the post times, it took 40 minutes to last resort reinstall. i was hoping someone might know another way before that 40 minutes.

#4 panzey

panzey

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:48 PM

what you should download..if you havnt alreadyis paranoa x..here is the link for it
http://extensionroom...more-info.php/x
use it and it clears EVERYTHING that you have done on the internet.but it also get rid of saved pw's..and it also get rid of your cookies, its awsome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users