Photo

ATI...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:55 PM

hey guys, its me from the music forum, I wanted to know what some people think of their ATI graphics cards,anywho, I myself went from a nvidia Ge-force 4200....man what a PoS...we ran good until I tried to play decent games, I now have whats called an el-cheapo ATI..a ATI Radeon x700 pro pci-e...and I dont care what anybody says..its pretty damn good for its price, after installing it..mind you im only running 512mb of ram, I could play doom 3, HL2, Far Cry at higher resolutions and more graphic effects, with barely any hitching, I can run HL2 almost MAXED, but at that point it gets bad, anyway my whole point about that story is, dont count the x700 pro out, for its price and performance, its perfect for the gamer on a budget.

Edited by At The Gates, 12 August 2005 - 07:57 PM.

#2 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:14 PM

i have 9800 pro its great. 1 gig of ram. i can run any game on highest, bf2, doom 3, hl2. i love it. i dont see a point in upgrading i doubt a game engine will come out that requires a new card even though there are better ones out there.

#3 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 01:10 AM

i have ATI 9800 pro too. Im really happy with it.. at least its much better than my old built-in sh*t :9:

#4 Marked Target

Marked Target

Combine Zombie

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:40 AM

I have the X700 Pro as well and no problems with it. Well worth the money. I would have gotten a better one, but that was all they had at the time and didn't feel like waiting any. Don't forget about the ATI Update on their website if you don't have it already.

#5 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:07 AM

i have an ati 9800 pro 256 mb and im quite disappointed. instead of upgrading my video card i should have put the money towards a new mobo and processor. i got an increase in performance, but not what i expected(even after adding 1gig of ram). now that i know the preformance isnt that much better, i know its my mobo and processor, so now im saving for that. :dork:

so inconslusion, i dont know the true potential of my card

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 13 August 2005 - 11:08 AM.

#6 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:54 PM

oh just to add im running a p4 3.0ghz, 512 mb of pc-3200 ram, and the Ati Radeon X700pro, all I really need is an upgrade of system ram,and im good to go...just wish I had the money to max out to the 4gigz of ram my mobo can suposedly handle...that way I wont have to upgrade for awhile.

#7 panzey

panzey

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 07:41 PM

dude there is no point of aving 4g's of ram..the only reason you would need that much was just for saying "Hey, i have 4g's of ram!" i mean honestly..itsnot going to make your pc run any faster..if you use 300 mb of ram now..if you have 4g's its still going to run just as fast because you are still only going to be using 300 mb's of ram.

#8 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:50 PM

oh I know. I was just saying "IF" i had the money, but I make junk pay for driving a truck, only 10.50 an hour, I dont driver commercially like other companys that pay by the mile, I drive mainly around worcester, sturbridge, westborough, etc...say yeah like I said the pay sucks..hehe

#9 misterweels

misterweels

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:30 AM

i used to have ati 9800pro but i gave my desktop to my little bro and took the laptop to college *cries
i want my baby back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users