12 replies to this topic

#1 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:41 AM

After getting my check for the pell grant back from school ($450) i decided i was going to get a new monitor. I heard that crts are better for gaming and video editing and lcds were better for everything else. I also heard about ghosting in fast paced games on lcds. What are the specifics on this? Are lcds good for games or not? Someone help

#2 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:09 AM

i noticed that ppl didn't post on it well i did

i have both and i am using an lcd at the moment but i hate it and when i stop being lazy i will plug back in my big ass Viewsonic that powns. but then again my lcd is low end, it is ok but if you spend more than me then you will have a nice one

#3 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:21 AM

I like LCD's better. But if you do get one, get a good one and make sure its big... getting like a small lcd is useless...

#4 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:10 AM

crt's look better from different angles. and they are a lot cheaper. you can get a 22 inch crt with a 1600x1200 res for 150 bucks tops. a 22inch lcd would be a lot more, like 2000 bucks. crt's will take up a lot of room, but in my opinion the color just seems truer. :tup: i wouldnt pay more for a monitor than i did for all my other parts put together.

#5 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:01 AM

Jpizzack and I are running the 20.1 inch widescreen dell lcd. I personally love the monitor, and dont get any ghosting. If you can wait for a deal like we got you can get it for 389 (justin got it for 359).

it runs 1680x1050, but if you dont have a nice graphics card it might not look that good. With lcds if you dont run them in their native resolution they look like sh*t.

dave

#6 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:48 PM

Jpizzack and I are running the 20.1 inch widescreen dell lcd. I personally love the monitor, and dont get any ghosting. If you can wait for a deal like we got you can get it for 389 (justin got it for 359).

it runs 1680x1050, but if you dont have a nice graphics card it might not look that good. With lcds if you dont run them in their native resolution they look like sh*t.

dave

yeah, that sounds like a sweet deal, man. I wanted to get one of those awhile ago, but they were to expensive. :dork:

#7 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:12 PM

LoL thanks guys. I lost all hope in this topic. But I think I am going to get a 21" crt monitor. Im not going to invest in an lcd monitor until i can afford one thats like 44".

#8 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:17 PM

i thought i did post on this topic when it first came up, oh well

#9 MoToRhEaD

MoToRhEaD

I'm 2 sexy for this forum

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:56 PM

Topic been here and there, but I'm getting the crt viewsonic, there pwnd.

#10 MoToRhEaD

MoToRhEaD

I'm 2 sexy for this forum

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:48 PM

http://www.compusa.c...311509&pfp=hpf2

Is this good?

#11 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 12:03 PM

I guess its alright... without the $100 rebate, it wouldnt be a good deal but this is ok i guess...

#12 keira

keira

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:40 AM

Both crts and lcds have their advantages and disadvantages. For me, I can never go back to crts. I looked at one not too long ago and the refresh rate bothered the hell out of me, even with it cranked up. Moneywsie, they are of great interest to those who can't afford an lcd. If money is of no object, you won't be disappointed. If you do invest in an lcd, do it right the first time and shell out the extra cash for the added benefits. Anything less than 1600x1200 resolution and a 16ms response time is crap. Remember, you get what you pay for.

#13 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:18 AM

http://www.compusa.c...311509&pfp=hpf2
Is this good?

i have something like that. a 19' lcd. its alright. nothing special.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users