26 replies to this topic

#1 MoToRhEaD

MoToRhEaD

I'm 2 sexy for this forum

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 02:33 AM

Hey guys well my fckin comp. is eating sh*t lately and I'm gonna buy a new one. Only way is to finance one benn searching and came acroos this at best buy

eMachines - 3400+ Desktop T6520
AMD Athlon� 64 processor 3400+; DL DVD�RW/CD-RW and CD-ROM drives; 200GB hard drive; 1GB PC3200 DDR memory; Windows XP Media Center 2005; 8-in-1 media manager

Pic and detail here
http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1117176782327

I dont know if thats good and the price is fair. I will not spend over 700$ so if u can
please let me know wuts ur opinion thanks alot

Moto out!

#2 MoToRhEaD

MoToRhEaD

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 02:35 AM

I guess that dont include the screen huh? lol Well sh*t how much for a flat screen or should I just find a deal with both so I'm good to go and play some WoW no j/k to hang out and talk sh*t, well let me know laaaaate

#3 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:36 AM

Both ATI and AMD are worth their price, so it looks like a good buy. I've never heard of the Xpress 200 so I don't know what kind of compability it has, it did say 'powerful gaming computer' so there shouldn't be a problem.

#4 secondshadow

secondshadow

BITE ME

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 01:15 PM

only problem: its an emachine lmao

#5 secondshadow

secondshadow

BITE ME

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 03:48 PM

i dont kno what u smokin, but emachines always screw up somehow someway, dells, hps, and compaqs are fine, i had a emachine once, it always got errors cuz it was sh*t

#6 MoToRhEaD

MoToRhEaD

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:08 PM

hows this one u guys?

http://www.compusa.c...0350&pfp=BROWSE

Then buy this monitor
http://www.compusa.c...318181&pfp=cat3

Edited by MoToRhEaD, 10 September 2005 - 05:11 PM.

#7 secondshadow

secondshadow

BITE ME

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:13 PM

sounds pretty good, just up the ram and ur good 2 go

#8 MoToRhEaD

MoToRhEaD

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:23 PM

yeah u would think the two main things u will upgrade in must new comps is the ram and video card no biggie thanks duuude
more replies much appreciate .

#9 MoToRhEaD

MoToRhEaD

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:53 PM

Everything at CompUSA cost mad $$$$. As i said, order from newegg.com  so much cheaper.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well thanks but no thanks lol its alot more same comp and sh*t haha
http://www.newegg.co...?SubCategory=10

#10 MoToRhEaD

MoToRhEaD

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:31 PM

ok my bad for all the lame post but this is alot of money I'm dealing with and I dont want to end up wih a sh*tty comp. but i dont want to spend more then 1,000 but I think I found the one I just might get tomorrow let me know if this is a good comp and deal thanks

http://www.sonystyle...KU=VGCRB40KIT7B

#11 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 11:02 PM

Whatever you do don't get a dell, hp, or compaq. They suck fat ass balls. Trust me i sell them to old people everyday at work. I feel so bad for it (not really). E-machines is the only trustworthy brand i sell. I personally think they make a pretty good computer. Sony makes good computers too, but they are overpriced. Trust me i spend alot of time playing games and sh*t on these things all f*cking day. Not only do i sell them. I end up fixing them for the people i sell them to. Dell is the worst. They are cheap for a reason.

#12 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 11:13 PM

Haha, agreed.

Anyway my advice is, stay the f*ck away from integrated graphics and LCD screens. If you have room for a real screen it's worth it man.

#13 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:29 AM

aggreed i am using this new lcd screen i got just to try it out and i still like my viewsonice better i will keep the lcd but i am just going to invert it and use it with my other one when i get my new vid card

#14 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:58 AM

i have the base of compaq(even though i have a lot of sh*t in it. My last 4 pcs were compaqs, theyve always been reliable to me. My first pc was a gateway, now that thing sucked. My girlfriend had a dell for like a month and it f*cked up and crashed all the god damn time, god dell blows...

#15 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:43 AM

I know man! Dell is such complete crap!
I've had good experiences with Compaq too. I have a Pentium 133mhz that is like 8 years old still running fine (though I rarely use it anymore) :1: But the best computer is always built by YOU.

#16 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:11 PM

Compaq may have been good before but hp bought them out. Now hp just loads them with the same dumbass software and aol free trials and other useless bullsh*t that they install on the hp machines (you will spend like an hour uninstalling the useless sh*t). So dont buy a damn hp or compaq. Dells are sh*tty but they have good customer service. If it crashes within the warranty time they are pretty fast about getting it fixed. But they crash so damn much that they are pretty useless. Then your screwed after the warranty runs out. So just build your own or buy a sony or e-machines. Oh and f*ck gateway.

#17 MoToRhEaD

MoToRhEaD

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 07:22 PM

awesome guys thanks alot . So I'll get the e-machines one fck it if its over prices I have cash,

One thing what other 19" screen should I get then I was looking at a awesome sony one but its lcd, whats wrong with LCD?

Edited by MoToRhEaD, 14 September 2005 - 10:29 PM.

#18 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 07:29 PM

I asked the same question in another thread. But nobody answered it. what i have heard is that crts are better for gaming and video editing and lcds are better for everything else. I think that the lower the response time on an lcd monitor is the better it is for gaming. I dont know though. Just wait for someone else to answer.

#19 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:16 PM

the lcds have slower refresh rates then crts of less price. Meaning itll appear that your lagging when its just your screen isnt keeping up with the game or whatever. Lcds have a tendency of being bad quality as well(they break easy and such) and you got to be careful because sometimes the screens dont work right. Also, sometimes you cant get very good resolution on lcds for editing and photo sh*t. There are lcds that have good refresh rates and are good quality, there just much more expensive then crts. I have a very nice 19" crt that i got for less then 200 bucks. I was considering a lcd, but figured why bother when i can get a bigger, better crt for less cash. Viewsonic crts are supposed to be good, thats what i got...its up to you however

#20 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:47 PM

Yeah, I have a monster 21" ViewSonic.. Beats the living sh*t out of any LCD. They tend to lag as Deathblooms said, and also they are really sensitive to light. They also mess up real often, like when you change resolutions and stuff.. But as office type screens they are fine.

Edited by Frag0holic, 12 September 2005 - 08:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users