5 replies to this topic

#1 mattr1

mattr1

Cappettaaa

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:33 PM

well, lately my computer has been running really slow, and things are getting harder to do.. i was just wondering, is there any way to make my computer run a bit faster.. i have tried defragmenting and stuff but it doesnt do much of anything. also, sometimes when i run CS:S, i enter a server and right towards the end of the loading (Sending Client Info), it closes and every time i try after that it does it again. my question is what could be the problem with my computer and how do i get it fixed?

#2 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:53 PM

how many programs do you have running in the backround? check that with task manager. you can disable the unneeded ones to save ram and itll speed you up. you can do this in two ways. the easiest way is go to run. type in msconfig. go to startup. you can also do this under advanced option in spybot if you know how to use that well. try turning off your page file. go to my computer right click, properties, advanced, settings under performance, advanced, change pagefile, no page file, then defrag your computer. youll have to restart. then turn pagefile back on to monitored by computer. you might have some things running in your backround slowing you down, not enough ram, or your settings are too high for your processor/video card.

#3 mattr1

mattr1

Cappettaaa

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:22 PM

i got thru the first part... like the run thing but after that i dont see anything else youre talking about

#4 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:30 PM

i got thru the first part... like the run thing but after that i dont see anything else youre talking about

you can pick what start up entries start up with your computer or what programs are running in the backround with msconfig. you can do a lot with msconfig. you might have a lot of sh*t running in your backround, taking up ram, and memory so if you know what to look for, you can disable it, and youll be runnig faster.

#5 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:41 PM

As mentioned above, making sure things arent running while you are gaming is very important. Try spybot. Spybot gets rid of spy/malware and you can also do some nice stuff in the "advanced" mode. Like immunize your system from getting crap infested in it as well as telling your computer which programs to load on startup.

#6 mattr1

mattr1

Cappettaaa

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:12 PM

thanks man :1: :tup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users