4 replies to this topic

#1 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:14 PM

I just recently bought a sound card. Its an AOpen Cobra AW-850 Deluxe (5.1). I also bought the Logitech 530 5.1 speakers(analog). The speakers and the card are working fine now, but I have a problem with my mic. My mic worked with my onboard sound, but now when i plug it into the sound card in the mic slot it does not work(i also tried the other 2 mic jacks on my comp just to see and it wouldnt work there either). I was using ventrilo and was testing my mic through the audio options on the control panel. The little bar that reads your voice coming through the mic wasnt responding to my voice, but strangly, was responding and fluctuating to the voices of the people in the ventrilo channel i was in. Ive posted this problem on the AOpen support and they have yet to help me. I also checked the mixer and the mic is not muted as well unless theres a mute button somewhere that i cannot find someplace. Can anyone help? I have also installed the card into a different pci slot and reinstalled it and I have the latest drivers..

#2 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:44 PM

i rememeber i had somewhat the same problem.. i dont remember how i solved it though. sorry, man :dork:
i just spent a sh*tload of time in the preferences, re-pluggin sh*t, re-installing.. and then, somehow, it started working... i know this doesnt help a lot, but just try to play around with it a bit more, maybe youll be able to come across something that will solve your problem.

#3 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:21 AM

Hmm.. try this:

Dbl click on the speaker icon in the task bar (or go to the mixer, there is another way I just never use it, sound properties or something).

Click options-> properties

first make make sure the new sound card is the mixer device thats selected

Now select Recording and make sure you have all the stuff you want to see selected in the checkbox'd list at the bottom of the dialog. Hit ok after that

Now you see "Recording Control" at the top of this dialog instead of Play Control.

Make sure the line for the Microphone is "Selected"

What you are doing is selecting the device that windows is recording from. Well I hope that helps some.. definitely make sure you are using the correct device. With 2 in there and having used the old one before, it may still be using the onboard.

#4 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:55 AM

Hmm.. try this:

Dbl click on the speaker icon in the task bar (or go to the mixer, there is another way I just never use it, sound properties or something).

Click options-> properties

first make make sure the new sound card is the mixer device thats selected

Now select Recording and make sure you have all the stuff you want to see selected in the checkbox'd list at the bottom of the dialog. Hit ok after that

Now you see "Recording Control" at the top of this dialog instead of Play Control.

Make sure the line for the Microphone is "Selected"
What you are doing is selecting the device that windows is recording from. Well I hope that helps some.. definitely make sure you are using the correct device. With 2 in there and having used the old one before, it may still be using the onboard.

Sorry, i thought i posted here the my mic was working now but i guess i didnt(I know i posted it somewhere). Anyways thanks for the response.

#5 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:52 PM

Great.. now that I already wore my fingers down to nubs typing that out. hehe.. j/k

:1:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users