9 replies to this topic

#1 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 11:06 PM

I first starting searching for an alternative to internet explorer about 3 years ago. I've come across numerous names which we've all probably heard. The one that the majority of people think first of is firefox. I agree, its a great alternative to IE6, but I believe that maxthon, aka myie2, is the better alternative. I've been using it for two years and have found it to be more stable, shows pages more correctly, and has better overall useful tools. theres some cool customization factors and its closer to the inernet explorer format than firefox is. the tabbed part of the browser is probably one of the most convienent things. not trying to get anyone to switch, just throwing my opinion out there. Just wanted to see what you guys think.

#2 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 11:34 PM

I think your sig is entirely too big.

That being said.

Pages being loaded correctly? That is up to the designer to test their pages in whichever browser they choose. In my opinion, if a page loads properly in maxthon and not in Firefox or IE, then it is poorly designed. When I make web pages, I test in IE and Firefox. That covers the majority. Sorry opera and others.

I haven't used maxthon, and I probably never will. Firefox has so many more features than IE. Apparently, so does maxthon. But, firefox is supported a lot more by the browser community. I'll stick with mozilla for now.

#3 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 11:53 PM

agreed^^^^ changing to something else when what i have works so good is kinda pointless but i am sure nothing is wrong with yours but like monster said firefox is more widely used so whatever

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 03:34 AM

Stop going off topic guys... I handled his sig by the way.

Ok Let me See here, Firefox is open source, meaning you can easily download the latest nightly's on their website and recompile it as you will, Meaning it is the true winner because it can be tweaked to all hell, a lot of the firefox users are unaware of its advances and there is many tweaks to implement into it, for example go into your browser URL bar and type in about:config , look at all those settings you can alter, not to mention you can add more

Personally if your worried about loadtimes and the like, Try to alter it, and there is another Program called Firefox Preloader which is on sourceforge somewhere that keeps small chunks of firefox in your memory so It loads with no Delay like your opening a new Tab , you may want to check it out.

#5 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:40 AM

Opera is a popular one as well although i have never used it or Maxthon. Until I find a problem with firefox Ill stick with that but its been more than good so far.

#6 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:28 AM

changd sig, sorry it was 1am when i made it didnt realize its pixel size. it's agreed that firefox has a lot of options etc, i guess its just where u start. also, after reading a few reviews b4 internet tabbd browsers became really popular, myie2 rankd higher than firefox, but it looks as though they're about the same now. cool :weee:

Edited by Sniprwulf, 20 October 2005 - 11:29 AM.

#7 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:22 PM

Ive been using Opera for a few years now and love it. Ive never really had to tweak it too much other than changing the skin to something a little more simple. Its easy to customize and has some neat features. Configuring plugins can be a b*tch though. Other than that its great. IE blows.

#8 keira

keira

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:06 PM

There's a really solid browser based on firefox called Flock. Check it out for yourselves.

http://feeds.flock.com/

#9 Irisheyez

Irisheyez

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:16 PM

Well I appreciate you bringing in a new browser to look at , I am up for anything really.

I am not one of these haters that puts down everything new mentioned =).

Ill check it out and see what it's like.

#10 Dwkillzone

Dwkillzone

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:48 AM

I know this topic maybe old, but thanks shadow for letting us know about that. I never knew that you can change that muc hstuff about Firefox. NJ. Lata :tup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users