No replies to this topic

#1 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:25 PM

So um. yeah.. I thought I'd finally download the demos for COD2 and FEAR since I'm looking to purchase a new game one of these days. Weighing in at about 640megs a piece, I started my torrent downloads and set off for work expecting they would be done when I got home. They were.

Unfortunately I had no time to play them till later on last night. At least I didn't think so..

So long story short, it took me about 33 minutes hour to install, play through, and uninstall BOTH demos. I mean honestly.. 640 megs for around 10 minutes worth of game play? Sheesh.. what a dissapointment that was.

The COD2 demo was a pre-release demo so I can understand it being somewhat short. And I think it was actually the longer of the two to play through. I quite enjoyed the short demo. Having never played COD I didn't really know what to expect in terms of game play. Basically I kept getting shot and never died.. and not once did I actually hit and kill someone when I did the "view down the barrel of the gun" thing. No matter I'm sure this is something that I could figure out. All in all the game play was pretty fast, faster than expected, and the graphics were pretty spiffy. It ran quite well on my machine and supposedly the finished product is more optimized than the demo.

On to the FEAR demo.. um.. yeah.. pretty cool. I was surpised when I did a one shot kill with my pistol of the first guy I saw.. only to pick up some kind of machine gun and have to unload almost a whole clip into the next guy I saw. Pretty graphics, kinda blah with the colors, again ran great on my setup. Its dark, and spooky and I could possibly see it making me somewhat "on edge" if I really got into it. But damn.. this one was over faster than the fist time I had sex. Now the installer came with DirectX 9.0c which is nice. I already had it so whatever, but sheesh..

I just don't get it.. how can 640 megs only equate to only 10-15 minutes of game playing.. Sure textures take a lot of space, but man.. its a demo, I barely got a taste of what FEAR had to offer.. or maybe I did and thats somewhat dissapointing to me. I just don't get it.. these were most likely compressed as well so they probably took a gig or more of space once installed.. you'd think they could have put another 10 mins of game play into each of them.. Maybe I want too much.. All I ask for is 20-30 minutes.. I barely had time to get to try all the controls out.. and no I'm not going to play them through again.. it'll be the same.

Ok I'm done my rant now.. I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up COD2 when it gets released here in canada.. the 27th they are saying at some local shops. I highly doubt FEAR will be making it into my collection. And no I don't download games, its too much effort and being a programmer I have a good idea how much work goes into these things. Q4 was the other one on my list and I will probably pick that up as well. They are saying that the multiplayer is the same as Q3.. As long as they make rocket arena 4 for it I'll be happy. I really don't care if its exactly like q3.. I liked q3 and well, no one plays it any more.. so if slapping a q4 on it makes the old quake community come back for one more round, I'm in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users