3 replies to this topic

#1 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:48 AM

Im aware this is a noob as question, but how would I go about making a backup of my windows files so that I can use it as a boot disc. I tried making floppys but it didnt work for a reason I cant remember.

#2 Dwkillzone

Dwkillzone

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:21 AM

Hey what's going on? The only thing that i can think of it to use a program called Norton's ghost. Which takes like a pic of your drive and enables you to burn the data on to discs i believe. In a sense it acts like a recover disc when you first purchase a new computer. I'll try to mess around with my comp and see if i can come up with any other ways. later :dork:

#3 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:27 PM

just save a restore point. i have 14gigs designated to that.

#4 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:56 PM

Hey what's going on? The only thing that i can think of it to use a program called Norton's ghost. Which takes like a pic of your drive and enables you to burn the data on to discs i believe. In a sense it acts like a recover disc when you first purchase a new computer. I'll try to mess around with my comp and see if i can come up with any other ways. later :dork:

thanks for the reply, I thought this topic fell of the map :dork:

just save a restore point. i have 14gigs designated to that.

Well I want to make discs because my hard drive is about to fail completely and I dont have a windows disk if I do have to get a new hard drive. I also really do not want to rebuy windows xp, because that would be pointless.

Im gonna try to do it today so I guess we'll see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users