Photo

Who's getting xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Xbox 360 November 22 (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you plan on getting xbox 360?

1. yes! the day it comes out (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. no, never ever ever... (12 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

3. I'll have to wait and play it first. (24 votes [61.54%])

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:47 PM

just out of curiousity to all the pc gamers here whos getting 360?

#2 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:57 PM

my money is going towards computer upgrades

#3 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:04 PM

yeah i wanna start from scratch now that i know about parts. ill wait a year or two, get the best amd, best mb, dual ram, beset ati card out. get a big lcd. thats what i want to do with my money. gonna give my parents the one i have now. so ill prob wait 2 years...i got a 2 suitemates getting 360, and 1 is getting ps3. so ill get to play these next gens, but no way im spending money on a console.

#4 Irisheyez

Irisheyez

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:37 PM

Gonna wait to try it out.

I mean if i get it for Christmas or something , then hell I won't complain.

I am looking forward only to the next system that's coming out in spring though =)

#5 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:28 PM

I'll wait to see what the capabilities of the PS2 and XBOX 360 are. I have an XBOX, and I modded it within a week. The media center capabilities of it alone is worth more than it's cost.

However, I suspect the 360 won't be modded as easy as the original... so that may not pan out as well. We'll have to see.

#6 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:46 PM

You mean PS3, Monster.
I have PS1 and PS2, so im biased towards PS3, just as a continuation of the PS family. However, ill be checking out xBox360 as well. Hopefully, someone will buy it, so ill be able to try it out. And plus i need a new computer... so i dont know how that is going to work out. I might only buy one of the consoles a year later.

Edited by Aziz, 09 November 2005 - 03:47 PM.

#7 Ziros

Ziros

@dm!nz0r

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:08 PM

i might get it when i'm in Iceland next year and makin dough, bored as hell not acomplishing sh*t 'cept world record number of jerk-offs in one sitting.

Luv teh Media Center-ness of it.

#8 Dwkillzone

Dwkillzone

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:25 PM

Just like most others are saying i'm going to try it out first. See what i think about it. I'm going out to drop $400 on something that i'm not going to like. Which system are you guys looking to get? The $300 or $400 one? The more expensive one has more options including wireless controllers and sh*t. Check in out on Gamestops website.

#9 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:36 AM

I paid about $800 or a PS2 2nd week after Release with extra controller, 2 games and memory card. At the time I had the money, now I don't. I doubt I'll be buying an Xbox 360/PS3 till they come down in price. Plus for some reason I really suck at FPS games with a controller.. Keyboard and Mouse all the way baby!!

Most likely I'll wait on the PS3.. I've been a sony fan boy for a long time now.

#10 Dwkillzone

Dwkillzone

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:17 PM

Hey i also heard that when the PS3 comes out that same day Xbox360 is going to go down in price. So what you guys think thats going to do for sales of the PS3? If this is true it would be a good thing for microsoft of course, but i wouldn't think that sales would go down for PS3. Tell me what yo guys think. :dork:

#11 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:23 PM

I think for the hardcore Sony fanboys its not going to matter how much the 360 is when the PS3 comes out. But I do think you're right that some may be swayed if the 360 goes down in price.

It only makes sense that Microsoft would do that.. they were REALLY agressive in selling the xBox at a loss to try and gain a market share. They have a good market share now, but I doubt that will make them less agressive. Some pretty fierce competition going on there.

Edited by Lost, 10 November 2005 - 02:24 PM.

#12 anadate

anadate

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:02 PM

if i get one it will be when the ps3 comes out and i buy the 360 used to much money for same games you can play on puter.. basically kinda..

my view but then i got a mortgage so im a cheap sob

#13 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:08 PM

BOOOO to the 360
WOOOO to the revolution!

#14 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:38 AM

Just like most others are saying i'm going to try it out first. See what i think about it. I'm going out to drop $400 on something that i'm not going to like. Which system are you guys looking to get? The $300 or $400 one? The more expensive one has more options including wireless controllers and sh*t. Check in out on Gamestops website.

the $300 system is such a ripoff its not even funny. The harddrive alone is like $100 plus it comes with a wireless controller. The $400 one is the way to go.

#15 Dwkillzone

Dwkillzone

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:13 AM

the $300 system is such a ripoff its not even funny. The harddrive alone is like $100 plus it comes with a wireless controller. The $400 one is the way to go.

Hey i also heard from a friend that the $300 Xbox360 is going to be able to play the old games. Did you guys hear anything about this? Let me know if it's true or not. I believe Microsoft would do something like that just to make more money off of everyone. :dork:

#16 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:15 AM

Hey i also heard from a friend that the $300 Xbox360 is going to be able to play the old games. Did you guys hear anything about this? Let me know if it's true or not. I believe Microsoft would do something like that just to make more money off of everyone. :dork:

Lol, those bastards. I just read that, you need the hard drive in order to play the original xbox games. Wow, how gay :dork:

#17 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:15 PM

few of my friends have beeen buying games and controllers already since those are on shelves for it. perfect dark came out today. but theyre camping out at bestbuy for 8 hours over night to get xbox360 in the morning. one got it online. comes with some games he doesnt want. he figures he can get 70 for them on ebay. owned. people are going crazy over new consoles. i went to get halo 2 at midnight that one time. talked to a bunch of nerds for 2 hours. they were all telling me how they beat halo once a week for a year straight. all the glitches they know. i felt left out. anyways im excited to play it, i know some people getting it, but i dont have the time or money to get my own-or a tv.

#18 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:29 PM

yup, most prolly read the deleted topic :cool:

#19 Tayres

Tayres

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip