• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dwkillzone

Dwkillzone

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:21 AM

Hey i was searching the internet the other day sand stumbled upon something called Solaris. It's supposed to be the most advanced OS. Just wanted to know if you guys knew anything about it? Or have tried it? Let me know.

Solaris Website

:tup:

#2 Ziros

Ziros

@dm!nz0r

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:21 AM

Solaris dates back to the days of Win 95.
It's not nessesarally the best, it's just different from windows, so that makes it more stable in most respects.

We use Solaris on some of our QuOLNet servers. It's decent, more of a pro OS thought.

#3 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:18 PM

yeah i have it.. never tried it though... too bad all of the games are made under windows.. they should also be made under linux as well.. :no: :malace: because windows is getto... i mean wtf it takes up 512 of my 1.5 gigs of ram!!! for what??? it sucks...

#4 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:59 PM

i havent heard anything about it but ill check it out

#5 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:02 PM

i agree, windows is for newbies. im definately one of them. trying to learn linux now, i just hate how windows is the biggest memory hog. i know all about changing video settings for optimal performance and msconfig and shutting down hidden running programs, just alot of them i need to run my printer, internet, ventrilo, virtual private network. fast = never fast enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users