11 replies to this topic

#1 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:14 AM

ok my parents still buy me sh*t for x-mas nad they asked me what i wanted the other day. two things came to mind an ipod, and a digital camera.

i don't really want them spending like 1000 on the two so what in yalls opinion would be a decent compact digital camera for less than $150. if you could link me to the camera you think are good thx guys

#2 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:22 AM

canon and nikon i found to be the most reliable. i bought a canon a75 a couple years ago, was awesome until my friend threwup on it and ruined it. so i bought the newer a85 that has 4.0mp and the pictures are pretty sweet and clear. theres a new model a510 and a520 which are analagous to the two previous mentioned ones w/diff memory for storing images. there areound your price range so checkem out :wtf:

#3 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:03 AM

On black friday (oh yes) im getting a bunch of stuff for my computer and also a 5mp camera at khols (lol) for only $100... its gonna be beast...

#4 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:47 AM

i know sh*t about cameras, but my dad has MY CAMERA i dunno wat good about it but the pics are clear as f*ck!

edit: dunno the price either

Edited by ashbash, 21 November 2005 - 11:48 AM.

#5 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:02 PM

CANON SD series owns all. Small, bigass LCD and will take movies with sound at 60 frames a second untill you fill your 1gb memory card. YES i said 60fps. You should be able to get a SD200 (3.2 MP) for really cheap. For the sh*t that i do 3.2 MP is fine. Something thatll fit into your pocket was a big selling point for me as id never take a bigass clunky camera out with me. $179 from amazon Trust me on this and, at least, read into it a lil bit. Im pretty sure youll find it to be THE BEST camera under $200. (oh yeah it comes with a lion battery) NEVER buy anything that takes AA batterys as they cost a fortune cuz cameras gobble batterys like my girlfriend gobbles my ShLonG. :tup:

#6 Dwkillzone

Dwkillzone

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:21 AM

I would suggest going with a canon camera. I have a bunch of friends that use them and never seen to have a problem. Check out the A510 or A520 which ever one it is. Excellant camera for the price. Let us know what you decide. :tup:

#7 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:14 PM

I've spent thousands on digital cameras, for personal use and for my office. You can get in the megapixel argument and all that, but if you don't have a kick-ass printer, you might as well have a 2 megapixel camera.. I say the cannon cameras are the best bang for the buck. Printing them is another story.

I say, get some new shoes or something, you will get more use out of them. hehe

#8 keira

keira

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:50 PM

I personally have an sd300 and I love it. Pictures are awesome with both automatic and manual settings. Taking video clips are awesome, best quality that I've seen for such a small compact camera. The only thing I wish it had was webcam functionality.

Edited by keira, 28 November 2005 - 12:51 PM.

#9 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:36 PM

sony has some kick ass digital camera's i have a cyber shot 3x optical zoom 5.1 mega pixel one and it is pretty damn good!!!
price is probably a lil more than 150$ though but its worth it!
makin movies w/ it is pretty cool too..... but i have woken up w/ some wild sh*t on it before so........just don't get drunk and naked on a pool table and leave ur camera around a bunch of blabbering idiots who have a reason to make ur life hell and you will be ok!!!..................gonna kill those f*cks one day :no: :no: :no:

#10 Dwkillzone

Dwkillzone

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:17 AM

Nice story cobra. LOL. :20: . Anyways i forgot to mention that i have the Fujifilm F10 that cost me about $300. Nice compact camera that offers quality pictures. It's a 6.3 megapixel camera and is very lightweight. If i would of had more money to spend i would have bought a Canon Digital Rebel instead. Those run about $900 and up though. I'll eventually get one sooner or later. :tup:

#11 MorningAfterDisaster

MorningAfterDisaster

Lurker

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:43 AM

I'd have to agree with the others and say Canon 4tw. I have an SD410 which was a bit more pricey than what you're shooting for, but I'm sure you can find something less expensive.

#12 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:25 AM

I'm a fan of konica Minolta, but they tend to be on the more expensive side. Canon makes good quality cameras for a economical price. What camera I would suggest really all depends on what megapixels you are looking for coupled with other options.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users