8 replies to this topic

#1 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:32 AM

ok, so i just replaced my motherboard, and i was like, ok let me re-install vent. everything seems to be working fine....aside from the fact that my mic wont work and nobody can hear me....ill be honest i dont know enough abt the program's setup to know what im doing wrong, or if in fact im doing ANYTHING wrong. so far this is the only problem ive encountered since changing my hardware, so somebody plz help me. im going thru vent withdrawal, and it makes gaming not nearly as fun w/o it.

#2 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:41 AM

Just check your sound card/mic options; should be able to find something there. I dont think it should concern the vent setup in any way.

#3 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:55 PM

Yea, chances are you just dont have your mic selected in either your sound options or ventrilo options. Go to sound options in the control panel and test the mic. hardware to see if you get a response from it. If you do, then you need to mess around with the settings in ventrilo and select your correct mic..if not, set it up through sound options..sorry im being vague, if ya need more help pm me or xfire message me or somethin and ill try to help ya.

(im saying this because I had to deal with this when I got my new soundcard.)

#4 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:22 PM

yea i messed with the hardware tests, and im getting no response from the mic....its being all ghey and pissing me off. i dont understand it really. mic is fine, it worked the day i changed the mobo. and theres not exactly alot involved in hooking up the sound card portion(yes its integrated). so im clueless

#5 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:29 PM

integrated card could be shot but unlikely. its strange if ur audio works but not ur mic. i mean if sound is integrated on motherboard (mine is too), i have to re-install the drivers for it everytime i format so idk whats up w.ur motherboard & harddrive config but u might wanna re-install that software and go from there.

#6 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:48 PM

lol i just installed the sh*t like 4 days ago...i dunno i had my "double-agent geek squad" roomate double check everything hehehe....and hes clueless...maybe ill use this as an excuse to buy a badass soundcard that i really dont need :tup:

#7 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:49 PM

lol i just installed the sh*t like 4 days ago...i dunno i had my "double-agent geek squad" roomate double check everything hehehe....and hes clueless...maybe ill use this as an excuse to buy a badass soundcard that i really dont need :tup:

buy me one too.. please? ill order you a pizza! :dork:

#8 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:19 PM

well is your sound dead or just your mic?

#9 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:11 AM

buy me one too.. please? ill order you a pizza! :dork:

MMMMMM. PIZZA.......... I'M DRUNK SRY......... :21:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users