20 replies to this topic

#1 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:55 AM

I used to be a big Linkin Park fan but when meteora came out it was by far not up to par with hybrid theory and thank god i was too smart to buy the remix bullsh*t. So i went to the website to see if they had something coming out that would redeem them they had some music previews. so i listened
#1 some instramental
#2 sounded like eminem
#3 sounded like backstreet boyz
#4 dumb ass !@#$%^& music
#5 more sh*t

so i was like ok i am gonna go to their fan forums and tell them they suck, but i tried to register and you have to pay $12 a year just to be a fan on their forums. f*ck that i geuss they have discovered "mainstream" music and decided to milk it. Congrats LP on writing music that sounds the same with sh*tty lyrics that emo depressed kids can relate too just to sell records.btw numb=crawling. well forget that i won't pay for anything they do again. And the music industry wonders why people refuse to purchase their albums and would rather download it.

#2 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:13 AM

Its nothing about the art of making music its all about the money to record companies. But the public keeps buying these sh*tty artists albums so the record companies keep pumping them out every f*cking day. Its not even about what it used to be about. Think about this. How many bands were there in the sixties and seventies. There were alot, but alot of them were good. Then record labels found out they had control over what we listened too. Then they invented disco. It all went downhill from there. In the eighties disco turned to pop. From there we got sh*tty artists like tiffany all the way to f*cking jojo. Even the rock bands and punk bands started selling out for the glamorous life style. Everyone started making super sh*tty music. The worst part about it is that most Americans actually bought into it too and still do to this day. Any f*cking monkey with a guitar could learn to write a song about hanging out with friends and falling in love and put it with some poppy sounding cords and then at some nice manufacture beats to it. Then stupid f*cking college and highschool kids will listen to it while they get f*cking wasted. Then a week later they would be listening some new cd. I would never buy a cd that I couldn't listen to for the rest of my life. In the end its the public that decide whats good and whats not. But there are too many f*cking stupid people that buy this f*cking music because they are told that it is good by mtv and the f*cking radio. Stupid f*cking Americans.

#3 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:48 AM

Easy... easy....

heh. That was a very emotional response. lol

#4 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:16 PM

I used to be a big Linkin Park fan but when meteora came out it was by far not up to par with hybrid theory and thank god i was too smart to buy the remix bullsh*t. So i went to the website to see if they had something coming out that would redeem them they had some music previews. so i listened
#1 some instramental
#2 sounded like eminem
#3 sounded like backstreet boyz
#4 dumb ass !@#$%^& music
#5 more sh*t

so i was like ok i am gonna go to their fan forums and tell them they suck, but i tried to register and you have to pay $12 a year just to be a fan on their forums. f*ck that i geuss they have discovered "mainstream" music and decided to milk it. Congrats LP on writing music that sounds the same with sh*tty lyrics that emo depressed kids can relate too just to sell records.btw numb=crawling. well forget that i won't pay for anything they do again. And the music industry wonders why people refuse to purchase their albums and would rather download it.

Amen to that...I was a Linkin Park fan back in the middle school days. Then I purchased that trash of a cd Reanimation and lost all respect for Linkin Park..they are sellouts..

#5 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:25 PM

I like meteora. And i like disko, and rock, and metal, and ambient, and rap, and classical music, and anythign else that is out there. style doesnt f*cking matter, as long as the song is good.

#6 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:33 PM

how bout errybody just chill n listen to some good o'le bob marley???

#7 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:18 PM

Personally I like all their cds with the exception of collision course. The fact that they could remix all of their songs and have most of them sound new and impressive is a great thing. Hybrid Theory was a great start, but not something they could go with forever. All their cds sound different based upon the bands stage of development, think of all picasso's (sp?) period changes. So really it all just comes down to what period you like and how much of a hard case you're going to be about them not changing their style.

#8 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:54 PM

or that they were a sh*tty band to begin with. Rap rock haha. What a waste of my f*cking time.

#9 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:02 PM

yeah i think that the name of what they are doing is called "rapcore" or some sh*t. i don't know i just don't like mainstream sh*t for the most part, but then again when bads first come out there sh*t is really good then by about the third cd they have changed completely. It is MTV's fault like Jack Black siad rock and roll used to be they way we stuck it to the man now rock and roll has become the man through mtv. eventhough i did think that nonpoint and seether did a decent job on their latest cds. but i still want to punch the likin park kids in the face. I listen to all types of music i have favorites in all genres but i was just really dissapointed in LP cause i loved their music when i was 16 and now they have changed into something completely different, something that sucks. and by the way Bob Marley sucks and his music sucks. He is just something stoner kids can put on their cars and walls at college most ppl dont even listen to his music and when they do its so they can look cool, sory to say same goes with all these stupid b*tches riding around with Greatful dead bears all over their cars, and the same goes with WP. whatever i am b*tching alot in this thread sry

#10 iMSeRiOuS

iMSeRiOuS

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:07 PM

I like meteora. And i like disko, and rock, and metal, and ambient, and rap, and classical music, and anythign else that is out there. style doesnt f*cking matter, as long as the song is good.

agreed :33:

#11 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:28 PM

this has nothing to do with LP but i heard the Russian national anthem last night and while i have no idea what they were saying i think it is the best sounding national anthem.

#12 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:58 PM

the old USSR one is better :1:

but yeah, LP suck. I can't believe I used to listen to them. Hybrid Theory was awesome, with Meteora (and the Jay-Z BULLsh*t) I've lost all respect for them... It's like all they've ever done is sh*t all of a sudden.

#13 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:23 PM

Guys, if you dont like it that much, dont listen to it... i dont really feel like reading your half a page rants..

#14 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:33 PM

Guys, if you dont like it that much, dont listen to it... i dont really feel like reading your half a page rants..

you don't have to then,

but all we are trying to say is that alot of ppl used to listen to them and they have completely changed and its dissapointing. thats all i have to say about this

#15 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:53 PM

I agree with you billy on the whole bob marley thing. Seems like the most popular shirts, posters, stickers, etc. have bob marley smoking a joint on them. Now potheads hang the posters up on their walls and wear the t-shirts just cause its got a popular musician smoking a joint. They don't care about what his music was about and all the sh*t he did for his country. They just wan't to smoke pot and look cool doing it. I use to smoke hella pot and i never even owned a bob marley cd. Just because it was so f*cking played out. Although now i own a couple because i actually like some of the music. It's sad really. The dude is dead now and all he got remembered for was the fact that some idiot took a picture of him smoking a joint. American culture in a nutshell.

#16 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:56 PM

I agree with you billy on the whole bob marley thing. Seems like the most popular shirts, posters, stickers, etc. have bob marley smoking a joint on them. Now potheads hang the posters up on their walls and wear the t-shirts just cause its got a popular musician smoking a joint. They don't care about what his music was about and all the sh*t he did for his country. They just wan't to smoke pot and look cool doing it. I use to smoke hella pot and i never even owned a bob marley cd. Just because it was so f*cking played out. Although now i own a couple because i actually like some of the music. It's sad really. The dude is dead now and all he got remembered for was the fact that some idiot took a picture of him smoking a joint. American culture in a nutshell.

that is a big generalization.

#17 Noxious

Noxious

Lurker

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:42 PM

The new Nonpoint CD is insane. If you're angry as hell and want some good, hard rock - listen to that sh*t. It's those bands, the ones who have limited success, that preserve good music. As soon as any band makes it big, they get enough money so they hire to people to write their sh*tty music.

Linkin Park is dead. Meteora sucked.

---- oh and Billy those songs are from Fort Minor's album, which is Mike Shinoda's thing. So it's technically not LP. But that's the point. The band is broken up. They are just saying LP is around so that they can maintain publicity.

Edited by Noxious, 17 December 2005 - 03:44 PM.

#18 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:53 PM

The new Nonpoint CD is insane. If you're angry as hell and want some good, hard rock - listen to that sh*t. It's those bands, the ones who have limited success, that preserve good music. As soon as any band makes it big, they get enough money so they hire to people to write their sh*tty music.

Linkin Park is dead. Meteora sucked.
---- oh and Billy those songs are from Fort Minor's album, which is Mike Shinoda's thing. So it's technically not LP. But that's the point. The band is broken up. They are just saying LP is around so that they can maintain publicity.

i agree i already have the new nonpoint album in fact i am heading out of town and just put it on a cd

the cds i have chosen for my 4.5 hour journey is
as i lay lying
nonpoint
sevendust
seether-the karma on

anyway i geuss this was a good topic nobody flame him for bumping it, its not that old anyway hes new

#19 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:10 PM

how bout errybody just chill n listen to some good o'le bob marley???

yea m0n :1:

#20 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:15 PM

i agree i already have the new nonpoint album in fact i am heading out of town and just put it on a cd

the cds i have chosen for my 4.5 hour journey is
as i lay lying
nonpoint
sevendust
seether-the karma on

anyway i geuss this was a good topic nobody flame him for bumping it, its not that old anyway hes new

I love the new seether cd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users